The most recent update for HitFilm Pro 2017 adds several new features, as well as a list of improvements and fixes. We’re constantly taking inspiration from our great community and this latest free update is sure to make your day.
Our main focus was to make some highly requested changes to help optimize workflow. Here are a few of my favorites which I’d like to highlight:
- The Export Queue is now persisted when closing & reopening HitFilm. This means that whether you accidentally close the software, or you’re working on your laptop and you need to close it before heading home; the next time you open up HitFilm, your previous Export queue is waiting for you on the Export tab. Handy, huh?
- Changed the Panel system to allow resizing of the Lifetime, Text & Track Panels. Now, when you resize these panels, scrollbars will appear if the panel is too small to display the content completely. This will be especially useful for users working on smaller screens, making navigating your footage, text, and effects a lot easier.
- A warning is now shown to inform users when saving a Project in a newer version of the software just to help make sure your valuable work isn’t lost.
- Footage with a variable frame rate, often found in video game footage, is now supported. HitFilm resamples VFR videos so that they behave as if they have a fixed, constant frame rate.
Below is the full list of new features and fixes:
HitFilm Pro 2017
- Dynamic Reflections now enabled on the following 3D Layers; Planes, Images, Video & Text.
- The Export Queue now persists when closing & reopening HitFilm, so you can add render items from multiple projects, and export them all at once.
- Shortcuts for controlling the playhead (Previous frame, Next frame, Start playback.. etc) now work in every Panel.
- Changed the Panel system to allow resizing of the Lifetime, Text & Track Panels. Scrollbars will now appear if the panel is too small to display the content.
- A warning is now shown to inform users when saving a Project in a newer version of the software.
- Support for variable frame rate video added. HitFilm now resamples VFR videos so that they behave as if they have a fixed, constant frame rate.
- Fixed a bug with Audio Waveform previews for Proxied Media when opening some projects.
- Corrected an issue where the reported size of Media Cache was incorrect.
- Mended a problem with deleting files from Media Cache after completing a proxy task.
- rectified an issue where Queued Export tasks were not named correctly.
- Fixed a rare issue where the import texture file window would not close on 3D Model Import. (Mac only)
- sorted out an issue where turning Reflections On or Off in the Perspective View changes the render.
- Fixed a problem where incomplete media is not deleted when the Queued Export is canceled or deleted.
- Corrected a bug where you could not navigate to the Export screen without first creating a project.
- Fixed an issue where the Control Panel was not showing the correct Object or Layer selection.
- rectified an issue where adding a Layer or Object as Queued Export did not display the Go to Export/Continue Editing prompt to the user.
- mended an issue where you were able to navigate to the Edit screen when an Export is starting.
- Fixed a problem where the position of the splitter between the layer names and the timeline was not saved properly in composite shots.
- Corrected an issue where the Duplicate shortcut was not working in the Viewer.
- Fixed an issue where the Media Panel shortcuts were not working if the panel was not visible.
- Fixed a problem with the styling of 3D Model Import Window where some properties were being squashed.
- Clarified the wording of the error message displayed when running on a machine below the minimum requirements.
- Resolved an issue where Layer Audio Waveforms were incorrect when scrolling.
- Fixed a rare crash when canceling a Queued Export task.
- Rectified an issue which caused a crash when proxying multiple media files at once.
- Fixed an issue where the Trimmer was stuck in a paused state after completing Playback of any piece of media.
- Fixed a crash with mocha HitFilm that would happen if Quicktime was not installed. (Windows only)
As always, we couldn’t do this without you! Thanks for your feedback, and your support. If there’s something you want to see in our future updates please let us know in the comments!