HitFilm Express takes your workflow to the next level. Seamlessly combining a huge array of features providing amateurs and professionals everything they need to see a project through to the end.
- Layer and track locking: Easily lock individual layers and tracks to protect their contents and prevent them from being changed while you work. When a layer or track is locked, a lock icon will appear on the layer.
- Combined timelines: Switch from one tab to the next like you would on a browser depending on your needs. Edit in one, composite in the other and jump back to the editor without any need to load another piece of software.
- Personalizable workstation: Adjust your interface using the collapsible and expandible panels to ensure you have access to the things you need and aren’t distracted by panels you don’t. Your personal interface can then be saved as your default layout.
- Enhanced performance: You can customise your playback quality and paused quality. This allows you to experience really fast playback in the editor and trimmer, preventing lagging and making it much easier to time up edits/cuts. Not only can you playback at a different quality, you can now control that quality from the menu in the viewer. This allows you to make faster, snappier edits.
- Mask editing and rendering: Masking is used to manually create a matte. A matte determines which parts of a layer are visible. Practically, this means that masks are used to cut holes in your layers. HitFilm Express’s mask editing is faster than ever before enhancing and speeding up the rotoscoping process. As video quality increases, the software must be capable of handling everything it’s given which is why performance has been boosted.
- Export Queue: HitFilm Express’s export queue allows you to set up a list of edits and shots to export while you’re away from your desk. If you close down the software, the export will automatically resume when you load it back up.
- Export presets: Export presets let you configure your export settings for high quality or high compression. Just drag and drop your selected presets, make it the default and move on to the next task. Export is available in multiple formats including 16-bit Add-on Required color and industry standard GoPro Cineform (Win) or QuickTime ProRes (Mac).
- Professional formats: HitFilm Express’s UHD support and RAM preview ensures the best possible quality for your projects. Work with all footage, from your vertical smartphone shots to high-end professional cameradocumentaries, HitFilm can handle it.
- Intelligent search: Quickly locate what you need with HitFilm Express’s keyword search and find feature for all your media, effects and composite timelines. Coming from another software system? No problem, our algorithm recognizes keyword links to help you find what you’re looking for.