HitFilm Express takes your workflow to the next level. Seamlessly combining a huge array of features providing amateurs and professionals everything they need to see a project through to the end.
- Combined timelines: Switch from one tab to the next as you would on a browser, depending on your needs. Edit in one, composite in the other, and jump back to the editor without any need to load another piece of software.
- Personalizable workstation: Adjust your interface using the collapsible and expandable panels to ensure you have access to the things you need and aren’t distracted by panels you don’t. Your personal interface can then be saved as your default layout.
- Color coding: Clip and track labeling gives you the freedom to color-code your shots to more easily differentiate between takes, music & video. Give your creative process a bit of order.
- Personalized playback: You can customize your playback quality and paused quality. This allows you to experience really fast playback in the editor and trimmer, preventing lagging and making it much easier to time up edits/cuts. Not only can you playback at a different quality, but you can also control that quality from the menu in the viewer, allowing you to make faster and snappier edits.
- Enhanced performance: Threaded-rendering allows the interface and video to work independently, allowing for a smooth and lightning-fast workflow. Users of Intel and Nvidia hardware will notice the incredible power of our GPU decoding.
- Mask editing and rendering: Masking is used to create a matte manually. A matte determines which parts of a layer are visible. Practically, this means that masks are used to cut holes in your layers. This can be done using the freehand mask tool or the wide range of customizable shape masks. HitFilm Express’ mask editing is faster than ever before, enhancing and speeding up the rotoscoping process. As video quality increases, the software must be capable of handling everything it’s given, which is why performance has been boosted.
- Export Queue: HitFilm Express’ export queue allows you to set up a list of edits and shots to export while you’re away from your desk. If you close down the software, the export will automatically resume when you load it back up.
- Export presets: Export presets let you configure your export settings for high quality or high compression. Just drag and drop your selected presets, make it the default, and move on to the next task. Export is available in multiple formats, including 32-bit color and industry-standard GoPro Cineform (Win) or QuickTime ProRes (Mac).
- Professional formats: HitFilm Express’ UHD support and RAM preview ensure the best possible quality for your projects. Work with all footage, from your vertical smartphone shots to high-end professional camera documentaries, HitFilm can handle it.
- Voiceover recorder: At the click of a button, you can easily add commentary to your videos without needing to leave HitFilm. Your recording automatically gets added to an audio track so you can add those finishing touches with HitFilm’s audio effects.
- Intelligent search: Quickly locate what you need with HitFilm Express’ keyword search and find feature for all your media, effects, and composite timelines. Coming from another software system? No problem, our algorithm recognizes keyword links to help you find what you’re looking for.
- Layer and track locking: Easily lock layers and tracks to protect their contents and prevent them from being changed after completing your work. When a layer or track is locked, a lock icon will appear on the layer.