Bug? Audio sync problem with editing

Not sure if this has been noticed before, but I've got a (repeatable) problem with audio sync when trimming clips.
Video is 720p 50 fps video from a Canon 550D.
Project is 25fps 1280x720.
Video and audio play fine in the timeline until you trim the clip from the beginning. Then I lose audio sync. The amount of sync lost is comparable to the size of the trim from the start of the clip.
I don't have the problem if I trim the end.
The work around I'm using is the turn the clip into a composite shot and trim it from there. The composite shot doesn't lose sync.
The biggest pain with this approach is having to re-trim the end of the composite shot back in the timeline. (Or changing the composite shot length in properties). It would be nice if the In and Out points in the composite shot would reflect the trimmed length in the timeline?

Comments

• Not sure if this has been noticed before, but I've got a (repeatable) problem with audio sync when trimming clips.
    Video is 720p 50 fps video from a Canon 550D.
    Project is 25fps 1280x720.
    Video and audio play fine in the timeline until you trim the clip from the beginning. Then I lose audio sync. The amount of sync lost is comparable to the size of the trim from the start of the clip.
    I don't have the problem if I trim the end.
    The work around I'm using is the turn the clip into a composite shot and trim it from there. The composite shot doesn't lose sync.
    The biggest pain with this approach is having to re-trim the end of the composite shot back in the timeline. (Or changing the composite shot length in properties). It would be nice if the In and Out points in the composite shot would reflect the trimmed length in the timeline?

Hi Fredclips,
    Thanks for the feedback, this has been logged & is now in the hands of the developers.
    Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you.
    Thanks
    Ady