Many effects immediately crash Hitfilm

edited January 6 in HitFilm Pro Support

Adding the Puppet and blur tools to any footage, even just a plane in a new comp immediately crashes Hitfilm. I am on the latest version. I have also reinstalled Hitfilm just to be sure, anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• @TekGecko ; Please supply your system specs. 

Also, make sure your system is updated along with your GPU drivers.

• edited January 6

@Stargazer54 32GB RAM Nvida 1070 and an AMD Octa Core processor. All drivers are updated.

• @TekGecko Specs look sufficient, but it would also would be helpful to know which version of HF.  The latest version (14.1) provides better support for AMD processors.  If you are on 14.1 then I would I would suggest contacting FXHome support.

• edited January 7

Stargazer54 I have logged a support request, thanks!

• @Stargazer54 ;I'm having similar issues when clicking effects like Curves or Drop Shadow immediately crashes HitFilm Pro 14. I've reinstalled but to no avail. I had some plugin files that were moved around in Machintosh HD/Library/OFX previously, but I have restored those files via Time Machine before moving my plugins around.

I also suspect my specs are the cause since it is below minimum, but Imerge Pro 5 (which is enough to give warnings already) is running smoothly without any hitches.

My specs are: 

3.3 GHz Intel Core i7 CPU

8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 RAM

Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB

Won't be able to upgrade the hardware cuz I'm using a MacBook Pro though. Considering updating the graphics driver via OS update to Catalina, but double checking if issue can be fixed before this.

Help ASAP would be appreciated! Thanks!

• @chanenchong First of all, Mods are not Staff.  We just cruise for spam and try to help out where we can.  You might be best served to contact FXHome support.  But my best guess is you need to update your GPU drivers. 

• @chanenchong Your system, while not particularly high end, is actually comfortably within spec for HitFilm. (Despite the number, the Intel Iris 550 is much newer and far superior to the Intel HD 5000) Since you are on a Mac, the only way to update your drivers will be the system update. HitFilm very much prefers the latest and greatest updates to your Operating system and Drivers. Updating will give a very good chance of HitFilm's functionality returning to normal.

• @Stargazer54, yes, thank you for the reminder, I have submitted a ticket, but in my dire needs of the software, I've turned to others to see if there is a solution I could fix myself. I have considered upgrading GPU drivers, but am a bit hesitant to upgrade OS (I am currently using MacOS 10.14 Mojave) cuz of the issue that Catalina does not support 32-bit software and I have and use a lot of them..

@triforcefx Thanks for the info, I am considering upgrading my OS and Drivers.