Hitfilm pro 14 crashes while importing 3d-Objects

Hi there.  I've got a problem with 3D-Objects. I'm running Hitfilm Pro 14 on a  AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core Processor, 3.4GHz, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1070, based on Windows 10. Drivers are up to date. But every time I try to import a 3D-Object, Hitfilm 14 crashes. If I open projects that contains 3d-Models, Hitfilm crashes. This way, Hitfilm 14 is more or less useless for me.  I've tried a new installation. The result ist the same. What went wrong? 

Thanks for help!

Comments

•  Did you update to the 14.0.1 patch that was released just after the launch of HitFilm 14? What format are your 3D models? What image format are the texture files used by those 3D models?

• Hi Axel, I'm still using version 14.0.9522. The 3D models are obj and fbx, the texture files jpg. 

• @Hitfilmer266398 ; Where did the models come from?  Is there a site to download (or are they purchased) one of the problem ones and see how it does on a known working 14.1 system?

• @HitFilmer266398 ,

Are you using any type of dedicated 3D app to first export to Hitfilm?

• I've ran into this sparingly ...

Usually the model has over 1 million vertices OR as Frank eludes to the model is somehow not optimized for Hitfilm very well.

• Or the model is corrupt.  Or has co-planars, etc.  Could be anything but without more information on the models in question it's a pig in poke. (Or Schrodinger's cat )

@HitFilmer266398 You have some of the most knowledgeable users on the Forum on your thread here.  Please provide some details on where the 3D models came from.   Chances are the models may have geometry errors.

Also,  try something simple like a cube or a sphere, with just a surface color and no textures.  If that works, then try a simple model with UV textures and see if that works.  I'm able to import models in HF 14 with no issue, so unless there is something specific with your system, which looks to be good to go, I suspect the quality of the models.

• Ooh, 1 million + vertices. Good catch @GrayMotion . :)

I do get a slowdown with over one million vertices but not anywhere near a crash. I did temporarily switch out my 32gig Polaris for an older 4gig gtx970 till the AMD performance is better in Hitfilm which could literally happen at any moment knowing how fast the Devs are, so my machine is back to 3 x 4gig gtx 970s.

Hitfilm can only use one of those 4gig cards and that is where my slowdown in Hitfilm actually comes from.

I think that I spoiled myself with that 32gig card. It can handle pretty good sized textures in painting apps -up to 32K- but performance is mediocre, nothing close to Nvidia cards, in Blender and Hitfilm.