YouTube question

Today I went to my YouTube page  and it is all different. What I mean it this: Before today, the YouTube page would display my subscriptions as a row of thumbnails with the name of the subscription above the far left thumbnail. Then the next row would have the name of the next subscription and a row of thumbnails and so on.

Now there are RANDOM thumb nails on each row and many are not from any subscriptions that I ever saw (or wanted to see) before. There is now no Subscription Name on the left or anything at all describing what is displayed. I have gone to "My Account" and looked for some setting that could possibly cause this, but have been unsuccessful.

Has YouTube changed something about the way they display your Home Page? I am not talking about a Channel page because I don't have a channel. I am just trying to get my Subscription page sorted out.

Thanks

Comments

• edited November 14

Yes. Youtube has made more changes to the Homepage and has also made changes to the algorithm which drives suggested content. There are more planned roll out on the way to.

https://youtube.googleblog.com/2019/11/introducing-fresh-new-look-for-youtube.html

Side note ..changes sometime roll out differently depending on what class district your ISP is  in. This delays big changes all at once and controls the flow of ""pain" the end users (globally) experience.

I noticed my page was showing things I was not interested in last week. I have "trained" YT's  by using Don't Want to see this...closing suggested areas..etc, etc...the roll out gave me gibberish   for a day or 2 until the algorithm remembered. Now back to normal

• @GrayMotion

I had a similar glitch a few days ago, but after closing and opening a few times and coming back in an hour, it seemed to be back to normal also. Did not give it another thought until today. But now it seems to be permanent.

• This is now the new normal. See link to YouTube below and scroll down to the example that switches between the new home screen and the original one that we had.

https://support.google.com/youtube/thread/18132714?hl=en