For a project for school, I have to get some questions answered by someone who works in the field I want to pursue. If you are a full-time editor and you have the time it would be greatly appreciated if you could answer the questions below.
1. Did you go to college and if you did what school did you attend and in what field did you study
2. How do you get started in a video editing career?
3. What things do companies look for in portfolios when they are looking at editors?
4. What things in portfolios appeal to companies?
5. How do you get your name out?
6. What main aspects of editing should an editor perfect to appeal to people
7. What hours do you work?
8. Should you approach companies or let them approach you?