How to create this title card:

So I really like the Avengers: Age of Ultron title card (it's at ten seconds in):

https://youtu.be/e9UNGvT8MVY

I want to recreate this sort of effect for my own film. What I like most about it was how in the word "AVENGERS" each letter individually rotates and then disappears behind a shadow. How could I do this effect in Hitfilm Pro?

Comments

• @HeySiri use boris Title studio in Hitfilm pro 

• @Andersen01498 I'm horrible at Title Studio. I've tried learning it with tutorials I'm just bad at it.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Unfortunately your two choices are either Title Studio OR making each letter its own layer (with some 3D extrusion) and animating each layer separately. 

Your third option is NewBlue Titler Pro, but, if you don't already have it, that's the expensive option. 

• @Triem23 I’ll stick with the title studio then. How do I do that fading effect though, like each letter is obscured by shadow?

With lights. You'll be creating (Psuedo) 3D letters, so you'll just put lights on the right side of the frame.

It's a small checkbox buried in the Title Studio controls (and I'm not on my PC to find it), but you'll probably want to look for the "Use Hitfilm Lights/Camera" checkboxes. Hitfilm's lights are easier to set up than Boris. 

• @Triem23 so just trial and error until I get the shadows just right? Because the shadows are pretty sharp and bold 

Pretty much. 

This discussion has been closed.