Issue with Text Adding between multiple composite shots

I have a consistent issue that I'm totally open to being user-error, but I can't for the life of me figure out the cause, and it has been driving me crazy through versions 11, 12, and now 13 of Express.

Apparently random (Because I can't find the cause or recreate on demand), when I have finished adding text to one composite shot, I then try to add text in the next composite shot and ALL the text settings reduce to 0 (not even default, straight-up blank, zero size, zero spacing, black colors in all boxes, etc.).

I can resolve this by either manually changing the settings, or by going back to the previous shot, clicking cursor into the textbox, and it then recalls the data used there.

Every time this happens it is highly frustrating and ruins my project-flow. Can anyone help me confirm what I'm doing that causes this behavior?

Comments

• Can you give more detail on the process of adding text. There are several methods to add text to a comp which are you using? Also are these nested comps (comps that are within the same comp)

Thanks

• Specifically, I drag-create a text-box inside a composite shot created directly from the primary video data in the main timeline.

If the issue occurs, it occurs immediately upon me actually trying to type in the text box. All settings wipe down to 0, and no text comes out because the settings prevent text from existing (or at least it's so infinitely small it may as well be not there).

I usually then delete that text-layer entirely, go to a previous, successful text-in-comp (completely different comp, but same video source), click the cursor into a text box that worked, and this restores the settings.

The next attempt always works. I've never had it reset like this twice in a row, only isolated, one-offs, they just happen regularly enough as I work through a whole project to be very frustrating.

• So the text is on the comp media but at the Editor level? Or inside the comp at a layer level?

• Inside the comp as a layer.

• @CyrexClip can you send us a support ticket if you have not already? This doesn't sound like it should be happening, and it would be good to get as much information as possible to recreate the bug on this end.

• I have submitted a ticket similar to my first post above, with some greater clarity based on user Andy's questions as well.

• okay thanks it helped 

This discussion has been closed.