"The Bear and the Hare" Stop Motion Making

Came across this nifty little video when stuck in YouTube land and thought I would share it here as there are a few stop motion animators here in the forum. I thought the process was pretty cool considering it was all just flat cutouts that were then post processed into looking 2d drawn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIpLZ8GGJ-M

Comments

• nice

• That's some next level animating right there!

• @tddavis I totally agree. That is why I had to share it somewhere that it would actually be understood and appreciated as to what all was done to get that type of "look", I mean I post something like this somewhere else and they are all like "Yeah big deal it is just cartoons meets rudolph the red nosed reindeer"

• @FlyingBanana78 ; Understood.  It is definitely important  to post the real world work of making quality content.  What I found amazing is what a small and intimate studio they had but that there were dozens (if not more) artists involved in the production.  (This doesn't even count the producers who put up the funding.)

Quality work takes quality people.  Plus, you need a knowledgeable crew to make a deadline to put forth high end work.  However, that doesn't guarantee success.  You've got to have heart . . . .which is where independent small operations can shine.  But there is a real balance between total commitment and having the resources to complete the work.  This is why it is not easy.

• @Stargazer54 expertly put there, couldn't have been said better. I always had the most respect for those in the stop animation filming business. They have patience like no other and the vision as well to see a long painstaking process to the end and come out with amazing results.