A better forum?

I haven't seen any complaints about the Hitfilm forum software, but maybe that's because it's so difficult to search this thing. I have better luck using Google to do searches on the forum than to use the in-built search.  A few other forum gripes: 1) huge text means lots of scrolling and more time wasted 2) if complex searches are allowed it's not apparent in the interface (e.g. AND/OR/NOT, literal text, select categories to search in) 3) some way to agree or "like" other posts rather than having to post a comment saying so 4) a "wishlist" with voting options and preferably some means of reducing duplication (perhaps a hierarchical structure narrowing down what aspects of hitfilm you're commenting on)

Comments

• The search does suck, and that is being kind.

I've previously suggested that they put a search link at the bottom that does a Google site search and pops that result into a new window/tab/pane. For those who don't know how to site search then awesome. For those that do, it saves us from typing that guff in.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

I'm not certain what I'm allowed to say, but I will say I am aware that the FXHOME Staff is looking at making changes to the forum. I specifically know the Wishlist is being looked at for improvement. What, when and how I don't know, and, if I did, I wouldn't be able to answer.

• Triem23 it'd be nice to be able to respond to other peeps posts with a "like"/"thanks"/"problem solved" kinda button - some way to agree with feature requests or comments, and to mark posited solutions as helpful/successful. That'd reduce a lot of forum clutter....this response for example (!)

• ... and while I'm here, can anyone please tell me how to insert an locally stored image into a forum post? I hit the "insert/edit image" button and just get a get a "source" field but presumably that's for a URL. I've tried copy/paste, drag/drop, entering the drive local path/image....

• @AndyQ ; Sorry, that feature does not function as you would expect.  You will need to upload your image to another source (Dropbox, etc) and then embed the link within the text of your post.   And yes, as stated earlier in the thread,  FXHome is reviewing improvements for the forum, but just don't know when that will happen.

Personally, I would rather have them spend precious resources on updates to the software.   But the forum could use some TLC, for sure.