White Screen When Launching

Hello All, 

Just purchased HitFilm Pro 13, super excited to start learning the software. When I launch the software the app shows a blank white screen. Is that normal? I am on a MacBook Pro with a Vega 56 egpu.

-dan

Comments

• @DanSvoboda I have just replied to the support ticket you sent in.

• i would like to know this too it just happened to me yesterday 

• Hi Dan,

We're currently aware of issues specifically involving eGPUs. The white screen is actually the web content, Hitfilm should still run correctly (i.e., you should still be able to create and load projects via the menu at the top). There appear to be some issues (in general, not HF specific) involving Google Chrome (or applications that utilize Chromium for web content) and eGPUs.

• hi Nick,

i hate to inform you but that isn't the case the whole software crashes ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling turning off my antiviruses, compleatly wipeing it off my computer, updating all my drivers, like eveything you can think of i have done it and nothing has worked so far. the moment it loads up the white screen happens and crashes it must be something on hitfilms side..also side note no you cant interact with anything because everything is a white screen and its frozen.

• here is a video of whats happening to me.
    Hit Film Crashing

• This is happening to me on the latest version 13 of express.  Just gives a "Hitfilm Express is not responding" error.  

Previous 12 version worked correctly.  Have tried uninstall/reinstall/reboot/run as administrator etc.

• OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    • Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
    • Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
    • Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

My computer is also used for developing angular/c# so I have vs code and visual studio installed - mentioned because I notice you use nodejs in the task manager breakdown.

Your program is awesome so please help me get back into it again

Jon 

• NickDevTeamNickDevTeam Staff
    edited September 9

Hi everyone, apologies for the delay in responding. It seems there are 2 seperate issues, one with a whitescreen for the web content, but another one which is a more serious crash that we'd like to investigate as well as a separate issue.

@link3point0 @ZebsLC - could you post your GPU details please? Also, could you please create a support ticket (Technical Support) as well where we can investigate in more detail, thanks.

https://fxhome.com/questions/submit

• edited September 10

I get the white screen flashing for a fraction of a second when start Hitfilm, it also happens with my Mocha OFX in Hitfilm, plugin, but neither causes any difficulty, everything works just fine. 

Just throw it in I use Google Chrome