Best youtube downloader?

Best YouTube downloader? I want to make a new show reel and I need to rip some videos to work on a roto video but not sure the best YouTube downloader? any thoughts?

Comments

• Youtube-dl without a doubt

• I've used https://www.youdown.tv/#url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DuxxbjKePb1I

works on most stuff, and can rip just audio, but I've found that less successful.

PS: I assume when you mean rip some vids to show off roto work you aren't planning a pro real using copyrighted material, not sure how that would play out.

• Actually as a YouTuber I know several other tubers who happily say "feel free to use any of my footage". And I've done so, with credit of course. But since they are being so generous I don't want to bother them, asking them to find the files and send them to me so I like to just download it.

I also one time took someone's video that I really liked the editing on, loaded it into Hitfilm and studied their editing technique.

• No question -- AVCfree.  No ads, no nagging -- you can download and use the file in the native format, or use thier conversion tools to size/render it for a variety of devices.  

• Youtube-dl is what a lot of software and most websites use in the background to do the download. It also provides a plethora of options in terms of naming, conversions and quality.

• Gihosoft TubeGet.
    • Freemake Video Downloader.
    • 4K Video Downloader.
    • YTD Video Downloader.
    • Kastor All Video Downloader.
    • Winx YouTube Downloader.
    • aTube Catcher.
    • Airy.  

More info 

• edited August 19

Unfortunately, at the moment none of my ytd's are working. I think YouTube must have updated, and nobody's caught up yet.  

• Careful when downloading and installing any 3rd party tools as some contain malware or automatically install unwanted software.  Make sure you read each screen carefully and uncheck options you do not want.

That said, I have been using 4K Video Downloader for a while and it works well.  Although I resist the reminder to "upgrade" to the newest version.  Like  anything downloaded from the inter-webs, Buyer beware.  Even it is "Free".

• edited August 19

Stargazer54 I use 4kVD also, but like I said, its not working at the mo. 

My safety precautions:

I always use Sucuri https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/, To check if a sites safe before I even visit the site, Let alone download anything. I would advise everyone who hunts for free stuff online to do the same.

Also, If anything seems strange with the download process, scan installer files with Windows defender or Malwarebytes (free). Also regular security checks with the aforementioned is a good idea.  

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

The best Youtube Downloader I've used is actually TubeMate on Android. Although it's current max resolution for downloads in 1920x1080. Still, it works well, gets regular updates and doesn't do anything shady or hinky on the install.

• Y2mate works pretty well

• @LiamMcM1 ; Coolio!  Thanks for the site check link.  Will add that to the tool bag.

• You're welcome  Stargazer, Its saved me unpleasantness many-a-time.

• So many cool options now :)

• Thx for sharing, mates. Better than the results appearing in google.

• Freemake is great. It can download and convert to any format :)

This discussion has been closed.