Hitfilm flipping videos upside down?

The project I'm working on has a few layers of video and Hitfilm turns some of them upside down with no warning. When I rotate them right way up, sometimes they stay put and sometimes they don't. I spent time carefully going through each section of my video and made sure all were correct in my timeline before exporting - lo and behold,  in the exported video all the top layer videos are upside down! How am I supposed to rectify this if I can't see the problem? Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• For context I am doing a lets play video with face cam (video 2) video on top of game play footage (video 1).

After the first cut is made on video 2 it will flip upside down, an easy fix just rotate 180, right? But once corrected video 1 will now be upside down. Not only that but once a second cut is on video 2 the second section will be right side up while the first is left upside down and they will flip with each successive cut.

But if I export with no corrections the videos will be right side up.

Any suggestions?

• Are your videos from a phone? There's some weird stuff that happens with those. The 12.3 version that came out a day after your post, has some fixes for it. If you happened to update to 12.3 while working on that project, it makes sense why you had some issues- HitFilm was trying to correct things for you.

If you're not on it yet, try updating to 12.3.

• Have you updated within the last 24 hours or so? The latest version made some changes to how certain videos are imported and shown.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@ColorCaveGem @theRCLman I've combined your threads. These are probably the same issue. As @triforcefx notes, a Hitfilm update was released today which contains bug fixes related to mobile phone video. The update should fix the issue. 

•  @triforcefx Awesome hopefully that fixes it, Thank you!

• I've been almost exclusively using cell phone video in my project .  They used to show up rotated and sized in weird ways when I imported them, but I corrected them and it was fine.  However, now that I downloaded 12.3, it seems that Hitfilm re-imported all of the video in the new "fixed" way while keeping all of the modifications I made to them in 12.2, so they're all messed up.  As I'm writing this, I am getting the idea that going back to 12.2 for the remainder of this project might amend the situation.  Maybe that's what @triforcefx was getting at with this comment: "If you happened to update to 12.3 while working on that project, it makes sense why you had some issues- HitFilm was trying to correct things for you."  I guess I'll post back what I discover.

• That did the trick.  I feel like I should have figured that out sooner.

• Yeah... Luckily now you shouldn't have to flip them manually anymore! Just be careful if you try to open an old project in 12.3 or newer