Repetitive crashes

For a while now Hitfilm Express keeps crashing on my when editing. It can go around 20 minuets or more then i get an error that flashes on the screen and goes away before I can read it. My projects are often not saved and sometimes it even crashes my laptop, having me restart it. I can export videos without any issues but when editing for a long time it will stop working. I make edits that last a couple 30 seconds or so, I mainly use composite shots.

I dont know what to do :/

Comments

• First things first, what are your system specs?

Have you successfully used a previous version without issue?

What types of media are you editing? (A MediaInfo report would be helpful)

• I have an HP Pavillion Notebook laptop and I've use hitfilm before no problem, it wasn't until the 12 update that I was getting issues. All my drivers and everything is up to date but I'm still getting issues. I'm using basic mp4 videos and mp3 audios, neither of which are very long (maybe 10 min at most)

Sorry I'm not too tech savy X_X

• Have you tried 12.2 yet? It fixed a lot of issues for some people. Unfortunately "HP Pavilion" doesn't help much. A LOT of those systems are actually under spec to run HitFilm properly. If you click the start menu and type "about my computer" then click on the result, what does it say on the page that opens up? (Most specifically under processor and installed RAM). (If this doesn't work for you, go to your computer Settings>System>About)

• yes Ive gotten every update so far, this started after the 12 update and ive never had issues like this before

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz   2.39 GHz

RAM:  6.00 GB