Canvas and Template Choices

Greetings, I must be missing something, when looking through template open or canvas selection I cannot see match modal or match background choices, although I see them in the video as well as getting around from the online manual.  Also, how do you load a background automatically?  When I chose load image from the file it names the first as layer 1 instead of background and Modal layer loads as layer 2.  Must you rename these every time>  Thanks for helping I am very very new to this...  Also, silly last question.  It keeps saying I have 2047 MB of mem and need 2048.  Odd to be missing by 1.  Thanks...  Sincerely, William

Comments

• rikkiloadesrikkiloades Staff
    edited October 2018

Hello @guardianwill. Thanks for reaching out. We hope you are enjoying Imerge Pro. Here are responses to your queries:

"I must be missing something, when looking through template open or canvas selection I cannot see match modal or match background choices, although I see them in the video as well as getting around from the online manual."

So Imerge does not have an explicitly designated Foreground and Background. Layers are the top level structure. You can make a Layer called Foreground and Background then add multiple images to its content area to achieve the same goal. Note though that this means you can have more than just the foreground and background have variations, any layer of type Image or Text can have variations - it allows for a lot more flexibility and complex compositing. What this means is that when you initially open a project, and you have no layers, the canvas settings will appear to only have preset sizes and a custom option. If you open it when you have some image layers you will see "Match Layer Y" and "Match Layer Y" options. See the screenshot below shows a project with a Foreground and Background layer and the canvas settings have options to match either.

"Also, how do you load a background automatically? When I chose load image from the file it names the first as layer 1 instead of background and Modal layer loads as layer 2. Must you rename these every time."

As mentioned, Imerge is Layer based, not fixed to being background and foreground based. So you do have to name these as the software wouldnt know when to name something the foreground and background. I am not quite sure what you mean by load a background automatically so please elaborate there.

"Also, silly last question.  It keeps saying I have 2047 MB of mem and need 2048.  Odd to be missing by 1"

This is interesting. So, we simply ask graphics drivers for how much memory is available. Sometimes we find graphics drivers have bugs in them. It should not affect your ability to use Imerge as the difference is only 1MB and not enough to make a meaningful impact. Could you let us know what GPU you have - this way we can possibly work with the manufacturer to get it fixed. The easiest way to get this information for us is to open Imerge, press "Ctrl + Shift + D" or "Cmd + Shift + D" on your keyboard and diagnostics info will appear. Copy the contents of the text area and send to us.

• Thank you so much for answering these questions.  I will email to your support my diag info using the email from log into fx.  I really like what I see, not even owning it for 24 hours as of yet hehehe and just imagine a complete old guy like me with 0 nada, NO experience at all can make nice looking pictures and definitely not understanding any of the lingo you awesome photographers use and know and yet produce nice pics and use your program should speak highly of its usability factor...

•  @guardianwill No problem - my pleasure. Glad to hear you are getting on well with it. We will keep a keen eye out for that support email.