A lesson from dad - a little family homage

edited February 13 in HitFilm User Gallery

Hi guys,

My first post in the forum! I hope I don't break many rules with it  (it seems to be a habit of mine when joining new forums).

I'm just a hobbyist and I only use free software (HitFilm Express, Resolve and Fusion 9). I mix them all depending on how the wind blows :)

Here's a short I made, a little homage to my parents. I hope you guys like it! (Do activate the CC/subtitles in English)

https://youtu.be/YeMBpJFrrAY

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

This is excellent work. I like the opening shots being defocused, then reusing the in focus versions later, once you get to the church. Your editing is nicely paced, your VO well recorded, and you have a good music choice. 

I'm sure your father was moved when he saw this. :) 

No forum rules broken--off to a good start here. :) Welcome to the forum! 

• @rutxer ; Wow!  Very nice indeed.  I can only +1 every thing @Triem23 said above and add your drone footage is beautiful.

• @ttdavis @Triem23 thank you so much guys!

The music is from Filmstro, which allowed me to pace it to the footage, quite nice piece of software/asset really.

One of the challenges now that I got the drone is to not use it too much. It's very easy to get pretty shots, but many of them didn't work well with the story.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Well, good on you for eliminating shots that don't work in the edit. I've seen many a video (a made a couple myself) where a shot didn't work in the edit but was kept because the director liked it. 

• Just wanted to congratulate you on a beautiful piece of work

• This is fantastic. The visuals, VO and music all work so well together and the message of the video is lovely :) Thanks for sharing this!

• @FlickeringLigh and @OliThompson thanks a lot for your comments! I kind of knew (hoped) that the message was nice, but getting positive feedback on the visuals and voice over from you guys feels very good :)

Thanks you once again1

• That genuinely moved me.  I can't really add anything to what's been said above.  Just beautiful!

Sign in to comment