Got a real passion for software usability? We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and diligent QA Tester. We’re looking for a like-minded, talented and highly skilled individual to review and analyse specifications, execute test scripts, conduct functional and user tests, review results and report and document technical issues.
Working alongside our Software Development team, you will play a key role in the development of our software products, ensuring that the products meet their design criteria and functional requirements for our users. You will organise and plan a variety of QA initiatives to scale quality assurance for a multi-platform, global, and rapidly expanding product.
What you’ll be doing
- Executing all levels of QA testing
- Using your ability to understand requirements quickly and designing/maintaining test scripts
- Doing everything possible to ensure that release schedules are maintained and deployments are problem free
- Improving released code quality
- Writing bug reports for developers
- Using Continuous Integration servers to access builds and resources for software to perform testing
- Responding to customer technical support issues and working with them directly to diagnose issues
- Keeping track of feedback and statistics to inform decision making
- Anticipating bottlenecks, providing escalation management, and balancing the business needs versus technical constraints
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. ISTQB)
- Proven experience in a hands-on software QA/testing role.
- Deep knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, QA terminology and processes.
- Proven experience in all stages of application testing including UI, backend, functional and regression.
- Able to work effectively in both Agile and Waterfall based project environments.
- Strong experience in creating test plans, test scenarios and test cases in a complex product environment.
- Strong knowledge of testing tools including defect tracking, test case management, and automation tools for testing desktop software.
- Proficient with TFS (Team Foundation Server), Visual Studio and GitLab (or similar).
- Proficient in using task/issue management tools such as TFS (Team Foundation Server a.k.a Azure DevOps), GitLab, or Jira.
- Proven experience on macOS and Windows based platforms.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Please apply by submitting your CV and any supporting information to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions or an informal chat about this opportunity please drop us an email to email@example.com
Closing date: 29 January 2021
Our data privacy notice for candidates can be downloaded from here.