Platform & workflow
Imerge Pro is layer-based image compositing software that is GPU accelerated, making performance astonishingly fast, even on high-resolution images. Some of the unique features of Imerge Pro include:
- Non-destructive: Nothing is baked in. Imerge Pro keeps your changes live and your color data RAW. Retain the full range of colors and gradients in that 16-bit California sunset throughout the editing process.
- RAW processing: Imerge has a powerful bespoke RAW engine that gets the best out of your images. Custom-built and GPU accelerated, it gives you lightning-fast speed when importing any RAW images.
- RAW image correction: Use automatic pixel defect correction to locate and correct dead or blown-out pixels, and use RAW data to correct noise-reduction on loading.
- Your files at your fingertips: Imerge Pro's unique home screen has already found all the projects on your system, so you can just open them and get started.
- Project templates or custom setup: Quickly choose from presets, or set your own canvas resolution and shape.
- Colour Depth: All image processing is done in 16-bit float.
- Grouping: Group layers together to simply organize your project, alter the way your final composites are rendered, and even put a mask over a whole group of images at once.
- The straighten tool gives you the ability to draw your ideal horizontal horizon and then rotate the image accordingly. Pair this with the Layout tools which allow you to align different elements in your scene without any fuss.
- Second monitor preview: Impress clients and passing customers at shows with a clean, full quality preview on a second screen, with all interface elements hidden.
- Import formats:
- Standard formats including: JPEG, PNG.
- High-quality formats including: TIFF, RAW.
- Specialist formats including: EXR (single-layer RGBA), HDR & PSD (flattened).
- Image Presets: Use presets to quickly replicate the effect you want. Export your presets to share with the community and import your favorites for your next project.
- Export formats: You can adjust the following file formats to control the compression used in the exported image: JPEG, TIFF, PNG.
- We support metadata: Stored metadata including: EXIF, XMP & IPTC.
Masking is used to manually create a matte. A matte determines which parts of a layer are visible. Practically, this means that masks can be used to cut holes in your layers. But that’s not all - they can also be used to define where a filter is applied! Mask around just the eyes, or alter the exposure of the sky in a landscape quickly and easily.
There are 5 types of masks available in Imerge:
- Gradient: Easily fade images together, fade to black and white, fade text or even create a photo reflection with a gradient mask.
- Area: Use an area mask to hide portions of a layer and reveal the layers below. Perfect for combining multiple photos into a single image or getting rid of unwanted details.
- Vector: Imerge’s vector masks are not pixel-based, and as a result are much more accurate.
- Image luminance (intelligent): This incredible feature breaks an image down into channels of luminosity so that users can mask based on how bright or dark an area is.
- Image color selection (intelligent): Much like luminosity, image color selection breaks an image down into color ranges, so that users can easily make specific selections based on color.
- Brush mask: Manually paint in a mask with your mouse or stylus, adjust the brush size, and hardness to fine-tune areas with ease.
Imerge Pro is multi-core and GPU accelerated. For the best performance it's recommended to update your GPU drivers to the latest version before running Imerge Pro.
- Windows: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit), Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
- macOS: macOS 10.15 Catalina, macOS 10.14 Mojave, or 10.13 High Sierra
- Internet connection: Required for online activation
- Processor: Intel Core i3, Core i5, Core i7 or AMD equivalent
- RAM: 4GB (8 GB Recommended)
- Graphics card:
- 2048MB graphics memory for projects up to 24MP. 4GB+ for projects over 24MP
- Intel HD Graphics 4000 (GT2) (2012)
- NVIDIA GeForce 600 Series (2012)
- AMD R7 Series (2013)
- Dedicated cards from 2012 onwards
- OpenGL 4.1 and OpenCL 1.2 support
Free training & support
Imerge Pro comes with a range of free training resources to support you. While you learn, our online support systems are ready to provide you with technical guidance.
- Dedicated support team: The FXhome support team provides technical, customer, and sales support throughout the work week. Those who own Imerge Pro are entitled to 12 months of free support from the date of purchase. Raise a support ticket to get the help you require: https://fxhome.com/ask
- Free video tutorials: The FXhome YouTube channel contains hundreds of videos educating our users on different FXhome software. Take a look at the Imerge playlist to see our newest tutorials.
- Online community forum: If you’re looking for hands-on tips and tricks and can’t wait for another tutorial to come out, our forum is the place to be. With an extremely active and friendly community of users, you’ll have the answers you need in no time.
- Reference manual: All software comes with a comprehensive guide showing each and every feature and how they can be used - https://fxhome.com/reference-manuals/imerge-pro