What Camera Ya Got?

2»

Comments

• Take a look at the new C200. It's looking like a pretty sweet camera. Geoff Boyle of the CML tried it out recently and was very impressed. And it's in the Black Magic price range.... 

And of course, there's always the Black Magic Ursa Mini line, and the Kinefinity Terra line...

• Yea I got  a DJI Osmo+ and a DJI phantom 3 standard drone with an great camera! Then a Canon Rebel t6i :)

• @WhiteCranePhoto

You gotta be kidding. It looks like the C200 is over $7K. Last time I looked, Black Magic was nowhere near that. lol

• I have 2 hacked GH2 (from 60 to 100 Mbps )

Several lenses and adapters (even have a broadcast type one , Angenieux )

Several useful tools

1 Panasonic TM700 (prosumer with a good quality)

And of course audio equip and light spots (many of them DYI)

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@HeavenThunder there are more costs to the camera than the camera in terms of batteries, media, lenses and accessories. In the case of Blackmagic there are four versions of each Ursa--EF/PL mount and 4k/4.6k.

B&H has a Canon c200 body for $5795. They have an Ursa Mini Pro 4.6k body for $5995. Comparable pricing. In this case the Ursa has the advantage of more resolution.

Ursas can go down to the $3k range but those tend to be refurbished, resales or the older, out of production Blackmagic

• The C200 is a sweet little machine. It's probably going to be BMD's biggest competitor. BMD's resolution advantage there is pretty trivial... but I think Canon's Raw Lite or whatever the marketing plunkeys called it is the right way to go -- there's a lot to be said for a high efficiency codec.

The first feature film I shot was all in HD ProRes 422HQ, and it ended up being around 6TB of footage all told. The second feature film I shot is in 8K Redcode at 12:1 compression, and it's also around 6TB of footage in the end.

In CinemaDNG that would have been monstrously huge.

• Pardon my ignorance but what feature film are we talking about?

• This one. This trailer version doesn't include the final score yet, but it's viewable. :)

• I use four,

1. Samsung Galaxy S7 (For little shots)
    2. GoPro Hero 5 Black (For Action Shots)
    3. Nikon D3100 (For Cinematic shots)
    4. DJI Phantom 3 Standard (For air shots and cool FX)

Looking Into some new ones.

• edited March 8

Hello! I have been working as a photographer not so long ago and I would like to buy a professional camera, what can you say about these tips - best cameras and lenses to shoot weddings http://wedding-retouching.com/blog/photo-equipment/best-cameras-lenses-to-shoot-weddings.html

• Meh. It really depends on your needs and budget. There aren't many cameras that you could actually go wrong with these days, but articles about gear get a lot more attention than the far more useful articles about craft and technique, so you find all sorts of the former.

To start, what kind of camera are you looking for? Motion pictures, still pictures, or a hybrid?