Computer spec Problem

Okay, my laptop isn't good enough for hit film... So can some one send me a link to a computer that can run hit film easily, but is less then £450 (computer tower, I already have screen)
Please help!! Thanks guys!

Comments

• Well you will never find a computer thats below 450$ that runs Hitfilm good.
    Like games, video editing software uses the latest technology available and therefore you will at least need to have a good CPU, GPU and memory.
    Only a good CPU and GPU will cost you more than 450$(good news is that these are the most expensive items on your list).
    My PC has the following:
    - Intel i7
    - Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
    - 8GB RAM
    - Asus P81 motherboard(Don't know the exaxt type nr.)
    - 750 GB WD black caviar harddrive@7200 RPM(for really fast rendering get a HDD with 10.000RPM)
    - Windows 7 Home Premium
    - Samsung dvd-player
    This cost me about 800 euros wich is 850-900 dollars.
    With this pc I can run Hitfilm really good but even when I add lots of effects it can't show it real time.
    The point of this comment is that you should save up to get a better pc if you are serious about using hitfilm and making videos :-)
  • £450 is about $730 US, pixelizedTV, so the machine you describe isn't that far out of his range. I'd look at getting something with an i5 processor, to keep costs down, then get at least 4 GB of RAM, and the best GPU you can fit into the budget. For HitFilm, the other aspects of the machine aren't that critical, so they can fall wherever you need them to. A faster harddrive is important for video, at least a 7200 RPM drive, but you can always add more drive space later on, so you don't need a ton to start with. A 500 GB drive will take a little while to fill, and is pretty affordable.
  • Ah totally my bad, I read the dollar symbol instead of the pound symbol in Froi's comment.
  • Thanks alot guys!! I shall look into them all,
    -guitar74.... Those look like good ones, do they work properly? (if you have them) or are they the right spec? Thanks!!

• Thanks alot guys!! I shall look into them all,
    -guitar74.... Those look like good ones, do they work properly? (if you have them) or are they the right spec? Thanks!!

I do not have these computers, I just looked them up for you. The one from Wal-Mart is a good one and should work fine and the Graphics card can be upgraded. I' running a HD AMD Raideon 4200 Grapics card, 3 2.1ghz AMD processors, 6 gig of ram. Hit film works good with it, a little sluggish at times, but when there is a new update, hitfilm seems to get a little better all the time, so far.. Hope that helps!
  • edited September 2011
    Awesome, thakns a lot for the help, and looking up, I tried looking up some, but I not too good at computer specs, I just know lots about film making and editing :))

Here is a mac I found... Does it have a good graphics card to run hit film (I will use a windows converter)

Sign in to comment