Syncing Audio to flashing lights

I have recently done some stop motion animations with a couple of Daleks and i am looking for a way to sync the audio to the  blinking lights on the Dalek dome, now in FXhome VisionLab Studio i had pretty much animate each frame for the lights, 
Is there away to auto sync the speech to the lights, to save me hours of keyframing the lights. I have seen a couple of videos of audio syncing on Youtube but the makes havent released any info on how they achieved the effect.
cheers

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator
    Which software are you on, I'm not seeing an Express or Ultimate badge?
    The only tool I can think of that responds to audio is Atomic Particles. In which case I would make a small plane with a high particle size, blend to ADD mode and spherical distortion to try to make a "glowing orb." Then use audio interaction to drive particle opacity.

• Which software are you on, I'm not seeing an Express or Ultimate badge?

Hmmm Triem you don't have a badge either - has that always been the case or is that a problem we haven't noticed? We know you definitely use the software!

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator
    Doubly odd--I actually have both! I purchased Ultimate with my Vegas 12 Pro Upgrade and picked up the free Express (So, when i finally get off my rear and do some tutorials, I'll be able to check both versions.)