No HD Anamorphic 1080 (1.33) export option

My source file's aspect ratio is HD Anamorphic and so is my project setting.

When I set the export properties setting, in aspect ratio, I don't have HD Anamorphic in the option list.

I have my project ready but can't export.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

to be clear your project is 1440x1080 with a pixel aspect ratio of 1.33?

You can edit a preset export template to those settings and save your own.

• edited March 26

Hello,

Yes exactly 1440x1080 with pixel aspect ratio of 1.33. I don't have the option in the dropdown menu

https://imgur.com/qOPv3Ki

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Huh. That's new. 

@TheBenNorris prior versions of Express did offer a 1.33 pixel aspect ratio on Export. I assume not having that option in 14 is a result of changing encoder library? 

This will be an issue for the small amount of users still using things like HDV. 

• TheBenNorrisTheBenNorris Staff
    edited March 26

@Triem23 I'm now having a look into this.

Update: I can see 1.33 in the project settings, but not the export presets. Will ask around.

• TheBenNorrisTheBenNorris Staff
    edited March 26

@Triem23 @Hkattar i've done some asking around and it seems you should keep your export aspect ratio as 1:1. The project aspect ratio affects how it is rendered, whilst the export aspect ratio affects the final render. If you are using 1.33 I will assume the final video is intended to be played on an anamorphic output? So your output should look all squished on a 1:1 output.

Edit: I'm no expert on this, so I may be incorrect on what that all means. But you should just stick to the 1:1 for export and it will work as should be expected.