My Hitflim Express wont download.

Everytime I run the Hitfilm Express Installer it either installs the program without anything else happening or it says the program is already installed and I could either "change" "repair" or "uninstall." I've tried doing all 3 of these options, going through my files to check anywhere else it might have installed but no matter what it doesn't work. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the installer and that doesn't work.

I'm running Windows 8.1 but i'm on a crappy laptop from many years ago.

Anyone know how this can be fixxed? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• CNKCNK
    edited February 14

When Windows isnt playing nice, a simple reboot may be what it needs. Make sure its not just a restart, or hibernation because both of them will likely not clear cache and RAM correctly. This is assuming your internet connection doesnt produce packet loss or jitter, which are common causes for corrupt program installs.

Its also possible its installed but is a bit corrupt, so the message youre receiving may not be entirely wrong. If thats the case, then you should uninstall HitFilm via the Programs and Features tool.

"I'm running Windows 8.1 but i'm on a crappy laptop from many years ago."

If your laptop's got a HDD installed, My question is how fragmented is this drive, and have you experienced any read or write issues in the past? E.g are slower reads when inside the file Explorer. Thats the most common and most overlooked HDD issue indicating a drive is failing.

In order to be able to troubleshoot this more, you must list your PC Specs and the fragmentation status i asked for. Direct access in Windows is dfrgui.exe.