Stop Motion : FPS vs Principles of Animation

Very much prompted by @filmsensei livestream a short example of Frames Per Second vs Principles of Animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMNvrpE1Cck

A little contrived perhaps but I think those Disney animators were onto something 

Comments

• The 9 old men were the ones that made the principles of animation so they were onto something 

• Thanks Jay

@andersen01498 ; Yep. Definitely knew what they were doing 

The video has been received quite well for something which had, basically, created itself for Jay's stream. I said I wasn't that interested in doing tutorials but this sort of thing  is more interesting to me.

• CNKCNK
    edited January 15

Techniques, principles and fact based testing are things which people including myself who like that stuff will never be tired of. It's fascinating and I think that you should continue doing them as often as you see fit.

• @Dafter_Things This is in a way a tutorial. It is essentially an instructional video, and that is a tutorial!

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Quite nice! Really shows the difference between just animating between two points and really applying the principles, which, really, are just rules for observation of how things move!

I'll have to catch up on the whole stream soon! 

• Very cool! Great job applying the principles to this simple piece. There's a world of difference between the two versions.

• Thanks again.

I might do one on shot composition. Struggling for time as always though.