Below are some fundamental issues for your feedback into this product. The first few are repeated from my previous canvas thread.
- When the canvas is at it's fullest, it's almost impossible to find the left edge with your mouse to resize it again. You inevitably end up accidentally starting a new recording.
- Changing the timeline tool to cut or stretch doesn't change the cursor.
- Cutting is very hit and miss. You can't cut at the playhead, you have to hope you have placed the cursor correctly. There is no zoom function on the timeline to allow for greater accuracy.
- Similarly with stretching, there is no feedback to let you know you are about to stretch, many times you move the clip. There is no indication of how far you have stretched the clip, and no time markers on the timeline to judge it by.
- Assets cannot be reordered. For a sequence-based process, it is difficult to rename and order assets correctly.
- Automatically recorded assets are out of sync at the "Recording 9"/"Recording 10" boundary. From 10 onwards they jump back to the top of the list due to alphanumeric ordering, and no preceding zero on the prior recordings. Combined with no ability to order assets manually, it is time consuming to fix.
- Starting point (in x/y/z space) of clips cannot be set. Given the very small canvas area, some sequences need to be recorded separately and then played in succession on the timeline. Being able to set the startpoint is essential to facilitating this.