Please help: problem with gimbal

edited December 2019 in Filmmaking

Hello everyone,,

I currently own the Canon EOS Rebel SL2. It was my first camera. I bought the DJI ronin sc, without realizing that my camera wasn't compatible. My camera weighs about the same as a mirrorless camera, so I believed it would work on a mirrorless gimbal. I am able to balance it, but my problem is that the cable that connects the camera to the gimbal to access certain features does not fit into my camera. It is a USB-C cable and my camera only has a micro-USB port. Here's my question: if I buy a USB-C to micro-usb adapter and use that to connect them, would it work? If so, do you have any suggestions on what adapter to get? If not, what would you suggest as another gimbal that would be compatible with my camera? I would appreciate any help on this issue. Thanks so much..

Comments

• 95% chance any USB micro cable will work. Probably one came with your camera so I'd say try that. Otherwise, the DJI forum is probably a better place to ask as everyone there is using DJI gear. 

• I have adjusted your post title @Konhaivo12 to remove the all caps, please avoid this in future.

• My Ronin S came with a few different control cables, so I'd check the package. I don't think that there's anything particularly unusual about the ports on the gimbal itself, so just about any appropriate cable ought to work.

That said, I've used my Ronin S with several unsupported cameras without any problems, though I'll probably end up getting a DJI Focus motor eventually...