[ANSWERED] Hitfilm Pro 14 able to revert back to Pro 13 .hfp architecture?

I recognize this may not be something on the Hitfilm end of things, but wanted to ask anyway.

I updated my Hitfilm Pro 13.1 to 14 the other day and my HF projects were no longer able to be imported into Vegas without rendering. This is an essential part of my workflow at the moment, so for now I am reinstalling Hitfilm Pro 13.1 to solve the issue. My question: Is this something that maybe patched in the 14 version later so that it will remain compatible with Vegas Pro 16, or is this something that I would expect to see upgraded by the Magix team?

UPDATE: Ok new issue. Is there anyway I can revert an old project that was updated to the Hitfilm Pro 14 .hfp architecture back to the Hitflim Pro 13 .hfp architecture?

Comments

• edited November 24

Ok new issue. Is there anyway I can revert an old project that was updated to the Hitfilm Pro 14 .hfp architecture back to the Hitflim Pro 13 .hfp architecture?

• @MatthiasClaflin unfortunately this is not possible, as 14 (along with many previous versions) made changes to several components that are saved within the file. When you opened an old file, you no doubt would have been presented with a dialog warning you about this. We always recommend that you save a copy of your original file in case this happens.

• Ooof. That's what happens when you don't pay attention to pop up dialogues... Not the end of the world, but good to know for the future. Thanks! I'll be more wary of pop up dialogues.