Live Q&A on HitFilm Express - Tuesday, Oct 22, 2019 at 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific!

edited October 21 in Filmmaking

I would like to do a Live Stream with a group of young, aspiring filmmakers who use HitFilm. Are there any young, aspiring filmmakers out there who would like to join me live on Tuesday, October 22 at 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific?

Comments

• How young?

• @triforcefx Under 4. Just kidding! I would say early twenties. What do you think? Does that sound like young? The problem is, at my age, 40 sounds like young! :)

• @FilmSensei

There seem to be a lot of teens out there also. They pick this stuff up much faster that us old(er) people. It is like a video game to them.

• @DataDesign Exactly... Twenty-something or younger who are thinking about being a filmmaker either part time casually or full time! That's what I'm looking for.

• 18-25 is a good idea. (There’s some younger teens making some neat stuff, but that gets a bit sketchy legally. What would you want to talk about on the stream? Being 24 myself, I’d be interested in it if I can fit it into my schedule

• edited October 20

@triforcefx

We can talk about whatever we want to! Basically, I just wanted to get together a group of aspiring filmmakers to hear their about their fears, plans, dreams and ambitions. I thought it would make for a great 20-25 minute talk.

It really doesn't have to be a group  of youngsters... it could be anyone who is aspiring toward that end. You don't have to be on camera if you don't want to. A microphone would be fine!

Anyone else want to join me? I would love to hear your what you have to say!

• Hey there! I certainly fit the young requirement, being 15 and all. But even though I do have higher aspirations, I really just make quick little videos as a hobby. So I'm not sure if I fit the bill. Still, I'd definitely be interested

• After giving this some serious thought, I am going to put off the round table discussion live stream until a day and time that is more convenient to my guests. Maybe a Saturday morning here in the US which would be afternoon in Europe and evening in East Africa.

So instead, tomorrow night, I will host a live Q&A regarding the free version of HitFilm... HitFilm Express with no add-ons. Bring your questions and join me tomorrow night at 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific!

• @triforcefx @Bookboy03 I am going to put off the round table discussion until a later date. See the above post for details! Thanks guys for your interest. When I get it planned, you will be the first to know!

• edited October 21

@FilmSensei ; I think that's a perfect idea.  I have a busy load of TV watching :) on Tuesdays so I have to squeeze in your stream, for school aged artists that's a school night so much harder for them.  A Saturday morning sounds super...plus as you said the time difference to the UK folks is better then as well.

• I'm in about the same boat as Bookboy03, except I'm 20  

• edited October 22

i feel weird signing up for this, as I'm still in middle school, but I guess I could join in? Gonna quote TriforceFX though "There’s some younger teens making some neat stuff, but that gets a bit sketchy legally." I'm sure my parents would give legal consent though.

• I just turned 47 on the 17th... am I too old? :)

• edited October 22

@Mystery1307 I will add you to the list. I will make sure that it's okay with your parents, no problem!

@spydurhank Happy birthday!

• Don't forget! Tonight's Live with Sensei will be a Q&A on HitFilm Express! 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific. Set your reminder now!

https://youtu.be/jllq_9uStNs

PS: I will reschedule the Aspiring Filmmakers Round Table Discussion to a later date, most likely a Saturday to accommodate my guests.

• @spydurhank

It is better than 74.