Shipwreck

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AmPz3bC5fwPnmiv_GH-z8JLRiwTq_x1Z/view?usp=sharing

I was surfing through pixabay (free stock video website) and found a video of a lighthouse along the coast. I decided to add a shipwreck to the shot. After a few minutes of looking through sketchfab, I found what I needed. I decided to get the shot done by midnight tonight. After about 3 total hours of working on it throughout the day, this is the shot at the moment. I'm quite happy with it. It's by no means perfect, but it's acceptable. Everything for this shot was entirely done in hitfilm pro.

Please leave any feedback! Does anyone have any ideas to make it better?

Comments

•  Not bad, I have to main feedback points.

1) There is nothing to explain in the shot that this is a ship reck, sure it looks pretty old and crappy but some ships do. An oil spill maybe, are a big hole in the side?

2) For me it still feels a little stuck on, even with that excellent shadow on the water. I think its the black hull. Have you tried adding a light wrap effect using the water as the source. Maybe this might link the two together. Or a mask around the water line with a feather to let the water appear to be on the hull?

Nice work keep it up.

•  @Vagabonding101 I think that looks great!

• @Vagabonding101 ; It looks great as is, but Andy001z does bring up some valid observations.  While I can't see it as "stuck on, " it does appear to be just a ship in the water (with a beautiful reflection) Maybe some rocks near the hull would make it seem more aground?  But gorgeous none the less.

• Sorry stuck on might be a bit harsh. A little it of place.