Compatibility of multiple versions of HitFilm on the same computer

edited October 2019 in HitFilm Pro Support

Is Hitfilm Pro 2017 and Hitfilm 13 compatable on the same machine at the same time  reason I ask my Jetstrike model's work great on 2017, but not on Pro 13

Comments

• It should be, you can't have both installed at the same time. What's the trouble with the newer software?

• Hi Andy, on the older version my Jetstrike model's are very fluid when you move them on13 they really don't move at all. Can't see the difference. 

• edited October 2019

@Andy001a @rick1 ; I believe that actually Hitfilm 2017 (or version 5) is the last version that installed into a discrete folder and could exist simultaneous with other versions.  With version 6 the same folder started being used for installation and thus only one version could be on a machine at one time.  I currently have Hitfilm Express 13 installed along with Hitfilm Express 2017 and Pro 13 and all is good. And, oh, Pro 4 too ...:)

•  @tddavis thanks for the info will try both tomorrow and let you know how I get on

• @rick1 - You haven't posted in a while, do you require any further assistance? Has your issue been resolved?

This discussion has been closed.