Hitfilm macOS Catalina Support

I'm being prompted with many of my apps to update to Catalina but I'm waiting until the official release this fall.

Staff question: What is the status of Hitfilm functionality on 10.15 OS?

Sry...at the moment I  can't re-call any Devs or staff here.

Edit: It appears the biggest thing to the upgrade is that 32-bit applications will not be supported. I can see some of the apps I have , Like Google Earth Pro, Inkscape, Black Magic (BMDPanelFirmware), Boris Continuum OFX HitFilm 11.0/Uninstall Continuum OFX 11 Hit Film Pro.app and a handful more of popular app are 32-bit.

If I have Pro 13 I do not need the Continuum OFX 11....correct?

Comments

• @GrayMotion

We haven't looked into Catalina yet; we are literally installing the pre-release today.

HitFilm for Mac is, and always, has been fully 64bit. I just checked the Boris BCC plugin bundle and it is also 64bit.

However, as you point out, their uninstaller is 32bit. Thanks for letting us know; we will forward this to Boris.

• edited October 13

@DannyDev

Ok. I held off until I couldn't anymore. I updated to Catalina a few days back. 

Hitfilm has now reverted to Demo mode (registration key most likely displaced ?).

I see no way to activate out of demo mode. There is a "Buy" button in upper right hand corner of the app but no apparent way to activate?

I did go to File-Options-Activations and clicked Activate Program which launches the Hitfilm Activation app. The options are Deactivate or View help. Under Deactivate it says Licensed to: GrayMotion and my email.

On the Splash screen for HitfilmPro 13 it says Licensed to: Demo Mode

And yes.... a render does display a watermark.

Suggestions?

• @GrayMotion ; Just a thought (cause I know squat about Macs) but have you tried deactivating the installation on your accounts page then activating there again?  Not sure if a restart of the computer after deactivating is required or not.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@GrayMotion since it's Sun, let me try a suggestion. I think you're correct something glitched your key. Maybe your computer dropped the key, but the FXHOME server hasn't. 

Try going to your account page here (click your own username). On your account page you can manage activations, and force a deactivation at the FXHOME end. That might bring back your Activation option at your end.

If that doesn't fix it, that's the only idea I have, but I had the same issue when I updated my PC from Win 7 to Win 10.

• Ok gents @tddavis @Triem23 - I should have thought about that. Too long of a day raking leafs evidently :-)

The key must be displaced upon upgrade but as suggested a simple deactivate/reactive seems to have straighten the ship.

I guess this thread can act as info for Mac users that upgrade to Catalina.

Thanks guys.

• AdyAdy Staff

@GrayMotion - I noticed this behaviour when upgrading from the beta version of Catalina to the full version. I have logged it as a bug to see if there is anything we can do to prevent this.