BCC Title Studio - save preset from Vegas - cannot open in Hitfilm PRO 13

I have Boris Continuum 2019.5.  OFX.  I've created a Title Studio preset in Vegas Pro 16, and saved it.  When I try to open the preset in Hitfilm, I get an error saying the preset is not compatible with this version.  I've also created a preset in Hitfilm, saved it, opened it in Vegas, saved that but can't open it in Hitfilm after saving from Vegas.

Hitfilm is using the Hitfilm 3D Objects bundle and Vegas is using the Boris Continuum 2019.5  3D Objects bundle.

Does anyone know if there is a way to uninstall the Hitfilm 3d Objects bundle and then let Hitfilm use the Boris FX OFX bundle?

Comments

• To remove the Hitfilm BCC 3D install by deleting the BCC_OFX_3DObjects.ofx.bundle folder from the CommonFiles\OFX folder.

For a temporary uninstall you can just move the folder from the OFX folder to somewhere else. If this does not get the results you want then you can just move it back.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Please note Boris 2019.5 is NOT Hitfilm compatible (according to Boris). As an OFX effect, it should already show in your Effects panel if it were compatible. For example, my Mocha Hitfilm AND Mocha Pro both show up in Hitfilm.

Plus I have personal emails with Boris. They told me directly only the 3D Units bundled with Hitfilm works with Hitfilm. 

Don't uninstall the Hitfilm version. You'll shoot yourself in the foot. 

As is typical with all software, projects transfer forward to later versions, not backwards to older versions. If you have an OFX Continnum of the same version number or lower than the Hitfilm version you can create a preset there. Otherwise, nothing you can do other than join me in bugging Boris to make Continnum fully Hitfilm compatible. I keep telling Boris I'll upgrade my BCC 8 as soon as it's Hitfilm compatible. 

• Hello guys,

I have a question.. is there any way to export camera data from hitfilm to an external software?

@MaxDai nope. 

• Not yet... :)

• @NormanPCN Thanks.  I did remove the bundle once, and 3D objects disappeared, but I didn't try to install Continuum after that...maybe I'll give that a go.

@Triem23 I hear you.  The rest of Continuum does show up already.  What's interesting is that the 3D Objects is from the Hitfilm bundle.  When I had Hitfilm Pro 11 with BCC 10, both bundles showed up (3D objects listed twice in FX) but with Continuum 2019, 3D Objects shows up once only.

This is a hobby for me, not a money-maker, so if I hose the config, it's not the end of the world...but I would not recommend playing around like this to someone's money-maker.

@dplester well, I'll let you Guinea Pig. On the other hand, you're telling me despite what Boris has directly told me, Continnum IS showing up in Hitfilm. There are times I like to be wrong. 

Hope Particle Illusion 2019 takes classic Particle Illusion presets. I have some great old custom setups.