How do I get Hitfilm Pro 13 to be seen by Vegas Pro 17.0?

Having a challenge getting Hitfilm to play well with Vegas Pro 17.   Anyone have any ideas? Solution?

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Known issue, will be fixed in the next update.

Note: Mods are not FXHOME staff, so I have no idea when that update is due. If I were to guess I'd say this week or next, but that's a total guess.

• Thank you!

• how to get it play well? Are you talking about plugins like?

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@GarethOwen he's talking integration. Now, what I'm about to say is largely speculative, but. Every time a new version of Vegas is released, integration always "breaks" until the next Hitfilm update. Vegas/Hitfilm integration allows one to send a Vegas clip to Hitfilm, add effects in Hitfilm, save a Hitfilm project and the Vegas clip is replaced with the Hitfilm project on the timeline. This also allows a Hitfilm project to be dropped on a Vegas timeline and have the Editor Timeline show as Vegas media. 

So there's a whole pipeline here - reading back and forth. A new version of Vegas may have low-level changes we don't know about, and may require adjustments to the integration. BUT FXHOME won't commit final changes until Vegas is out of Beta, so there's usually a one-two week period where the newest version of Vegas doesn't integrate correctly. 

• Speaking of VEGAS integration VEGAS Post just came out and from the reviews I've seen it seems to be almost a 1 to 1 version of hitfilm minus the editing timeline and having true integration with VEGAS.  I kind of see now why they were so tight lipped about what it was.  This is not necessarily a bad thing, if you are a primarily VEGAS editor like me or Triem23 it might not be bad to move to VEGAS Post at some point, though I fear new feature additions and bug fixes would be a lot slower.