HitFilm Motion Graphics Layout

I originally wanted to use someone else's graphic, but then I decided to man up and make it myself, even if they did let me(which they did) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2IxpCa8VMg (I swear it's a coincidence that the layers line up with the video's layers...)

Here's the project file, go wild
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qb2zx2ldn5vyf0f/Simple HitFilm in HitFilm.hfp?dl=0
Inside this project, there are a few layers which I recommend editing:

1. The HitFilm logo, which is the top layer in the main comp, has a switch labeled "Pro". It's off by default, since I use Express.
  2. Inside the Precomps folder, you'll find the composite shot with the video, you can place your video in there and leave it alone, maybe adding some rolling shutter, since HitFilm's pre-renderer does that sometimes.
  3. Also in the Precomps folder, there is the media panel composite shot, You could add some more videos there if you want,(they're all made with masks in the bottom layer) the offset of position I used is:                                                                         last layer's Y position minus 168(same for their names) the colors are all just grade layers, you could add some fractal noise for some variation if you want.

if you need to edit the length of the playhead, use the rate stretch tool. And that's it, what do you think?

Comments

• edited August 14

*Filler comment to bring this back up the ladder of discussions*

• (I'm sorry if it seems spammy to try to bring this post back, I just want some feedback, and genuinely believe that this could help someone with some project.)

• (Well uh, now it appears to me that I should probably bring this discussion back in the middle of the afternoon, not in the middle of night...)

• (Well, it's still day, so I'm gonna bring it back now)

• Alright, this is the last time I'm bringing back this discussion, so if ANYONE wants to say ANYTHING, please say it now...

• You know what? No, I'm not giving up on this, I want feedback!