Audio Cutting Off at Before End of Export

I need help with an infuriating problem.

I have a approximately 60 minute video I'm exporting in Hitfilm express. Every time the last half second of sound is cut off at the end of the clip, always at the same point, for no obvious reason.

The clip is music. The last half note is getting cut off part way. Naturally, it sounds terrible.

The endpoint of the video is set correctly well past the end of the contents and video continues to record past the point at which the sounds cuts out, every time. It's just the end of the sound cutting off.

Most frustrating, if I just export the last minute everything comes out fine. It only does this when I export the full 60 minutes.

As a workaround, I tried to put the sound file into a composite short so the video and audio were linked, instead of having two separate files in the editor. I got eh same result. The sound cut out at exactly the same place, while the video continued to play to the end (another few seconds).

Any ideas what's going on? Is this a bug? Is there any workaround to make this stop happening? Something seems legit broken.

Comments

• edited October 7

I’ve been having the same problem. I’ve tried a couple things: changing the anti-aliasing setting, lowering the bitrate of the export... none of it works. Exporting just the end of the video shows that HitFilm CAN export that part without issues, but whenever I go back to the full video, it doesn’t work. The ending is a composited clip of text and graphics with music. Anyone know how to solve this?

• What format and codec are the videos you are importing? What camera were they recorded with? This sounds suspiciously like a variable frame rate issue to me, is there any chance the files are screen recordings, or filmed using a phone camera?

• DibsMcCallumDibsMcCallum Staff
    edited November 5

@FrankDiStefano and @Winlee620 are you still experiencing problems, do you require any further assistance?  

If  we do not hear from you within 2 weeks then we will assume you have found the help you needed & this thread will be closed.