[SOLVED] VEGAS Pro 17 + HitFilm Ignite

edited September 26 in Ignite Support

HI I JUST UPGRAD TO VEGAS PRO 17 AND I CANT SEE HitFilmIgnite PLUGINS

Comments

• Exactly the same here.  I even tried re-installing Ignite Pro and rebooted the computer, but with no success - no Ignite Pro in Vegas Pro 17.  It works fine in VP16 and in Resolve, but not VP17.

I've just been scrolling through the project in VP16 and replacing all Ignite Pro FX with BCC equivalents so that I can continue with the project in VP17.

• AdyAdy Staff

@benny @conrad - At this moment in time Ignite Pro does not support Vegas 17, we have an update planned to support this host coming soon. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused, we will of course let you know as soon as the update is released.

Thanks,
    Ady

• edited August 6

ok thanks

•  " At this moment in time Ignite Pro does not support Vegas 17, we have an update planned to support this host coming soon. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused, we will of course let you know as soon as the update is released" 

This is what I love about the fx home people....they stand behind there amazing products!!!

• HURR DURR, FXHOME, WHY U NO SUPPORT VEGAS 17 NOW, HURDURR DURRR!! :p

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@Hictor as we mods don't work for FXHOME, this isn't official, but is most likely correct. 

Ignite might need minor adjustments for Vegas 17 and FXHOME won't commit until the release candidate goes live. Any fixes/changes made in Beta might get further changed during Beta. Whatever update is required should come out pretty quickly now that Vegas 17 is live. 

I tag @spydurhank to semi-confirm as he's been in the same place in his "Filmer" project (custom Blender build to integrate with Hitfilm). In Frank's case he would code to a Beta, then something in a later Beta would change and he'd have to retweak his code. Now that Blender 2.8 is out and stable, Frank can move towards his own official 1.0 release. 

• edited August 7

I think it is common that OpenFX plug-ins validate the host that is trying to load them. If an unknown/unsupported host attempts to load a plug-in, it can simply say no thank you. Vegas 17 is "unknown" to previous versions of Ignite.

Realistically FxHome just has to test/validate Ignite with V17 and make sure things are still fine. OpenFX is still OpenFx, Vegas is realistically still Vegas and Ignite is still Ignite.

One obvious validation Ignite does is what specific plug-ins work with what specific host. A simple look at the Ignite webpage show that each OpenFx host has a different supported subset of the list of effects in Ignite.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@NormanPCN gives a more nuanced take on what probably has to be done with Ignite. Still thinking I'm correct that FXHOME didn't commit to this till Vegas 17 went live, but it should be a pretty quick test/change. 

• edited August 23

@Triem23

I was hoping the hurrdurr and meme language that I used would be a give away to my sarcasm. Lol 

To validate @NormanPCN

Installing Vegas Pro 17 triggered the all-too-famous error in which Vegas Pro 17 doesn't start at all!

The solution? Well, you'd have to go for Common Files and rename OFX to something like "OFX.old"

what did that do?

Well. I'll tell you what it did.

It stripped my Vegas Pro 16 off of ignite!

But hey, 17 is working, so I"m happy.

• AdyAdy Staff

Hi Guys,

We have pushed an update to Ignite Pro that enables the loading of the plug-ins in Vegas 17. Please download the latest installer from your accounts or when prompted to via the Activation App.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and if you are still experiencing issues with the plug-ins loading contact us here.

Thanks,
    Ady

This discussion has been closed.