Can't import 3D models

Sirs:

I updated to v. 13 but for some reason, now I can't import any 3d models at all. 

I tried to import test 3d models (a basic square, a sphere)with no textures, but I can't import anything. 

I just updated my graphic drivers, I have enough HD space, and I just uploaded a crash report.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator

Hard to help without some system specs. 

Were you able to import 3D before?  Are you at or above Minimum system requirements listed here?  https://fxhome.com/support/hitfilm-pro/

• edited August 1

I was able to import before without a problem.

Specs ------

AMD Ryzen 5 1400

AMD RX 580 Radeon Sapphire 8GB

MSI B350M Bazooka Mobo 

24 Gigs RAM

• Did you do a fresh install or update over the top. Maybe the later is causing the issue.

@scottrh30 Your specs look good except your CPU is hovering at the minimum.   As @Andy001z said, try uninstalling, reboot, then install again.  If you still have problems then you may want to contact FXHome support.

FYI, I installed directly over the last version and experienced no issues with importing 3D models (.lwo, .obj)

Here are my specs:

HF 13.0.9126.7201
    Win 10 64bit
    SSD for the OS
    32GB Ram
    Intel i7-4790K CPU
    NVidia GTX-980 Ti GPU

• Thanks.

I will give it a shot and see what happens.

Will report back on results.

• Update-

So far nothing has changed.  I did a re-install, reboot, and cleaned out residual files, but no joy.

I have sent two or three crash reports so maybe those might help.

Just to clarify, I CAN import into the program, I just can't add to the composition timeline. 

All your help is appreciated, and thanks again.

edited August 2

@scottrh30 ; Well definitely something more technical that probably only support can answer then.  Never had a whole lot of luck with crash reports.   I don't think they are actively responded to but do help the devs gather information on bugs, etc.

Contact support and create a trouble ticket here: https://fxhome.com/questions/submit