So I finally got around to renewing my licence so I now have build 12.3.8815.7201 installed.
Originally when I tried the demo, if I set the 'Playback Resolution' to 1/2 and played the timeline the viewer would zoom in and only show a small area from the corner of the frame in the viewer, I searched in the forum and noticed this issue was addressed in version 12.3, I was using 12.0 as the demo I think.
I can confirm this issue as resolved in the currently installed build.
Today I notice a tutorial from Axel ref Templates in my inbox so I thought I'd have a quick go. I loaded a 4K clip which was previously trans coded to Cineform using Gopro Studio and popped in the template Axel suggests.
If I have Resolution set to 'Full' then all the Playback Quality settings from 'Fastest' to 'Final' all work as expected. If on the other hand I change the resolution to 1/2 then something strange happens:
1. If I set the playback quality to either Fastest or Quick in '1/2 res mode' then all is fine.
2. If I set the playback quality to Draft or Full in '1/2 Res Mode' as soon as the play head (I think that's what it's called ?) gets to the template item on the timeline I get this old issue of the video image zooming into the corner like it did with the demo.
3. If I move the play head manually with the mouse no zooming in happens, it only happens when hitting the little play button below the viewer.
4. When the time line is auto playing in the 'problem' modes above and the viewer has zoomed in, once the template item has been passed, the viewer stays zoomed in until I hit pause at which time it zooms back out to full size immediately, Hitting play again is full size from then on.
5. Once the play head is over the template and viewer has zoomed in, if I pause playback the viewer zooms back to full view, if I then hit play again then it zooms back in again.
Any idea's anyone, or can I officially report this as a possible bug in the current build ??