Project settings

My camera records in 1440 x 1080. When I export it through hitfilm with these same settings, it doesn't look right. There are big black bars on the sides. I discovered earlier that when I export it with 1920 width and 1080 height, it fixes the distortion problem. I'm not sure why this happens but it works. So my first question is why this happens? My second question is how to change the project settings. When I started my latest project, I thought I had the project settings set for 1920 x 1080 but after I finished and started exporting I realized the video had the black bars again. I checked my setting and realized it was set for 1440 x 1080. How do I change the project settings to apply to my videos once I've already started a project?

Comments

• Edit>Project Settings

• Make sure your project is set to 1920x1080, using square pixels. Then import your anamorphic video and add it to the timeline. HitFilm will ask if you want to change the timeline to match your video. Don't do it. The timeline needs to stay at 1920x1080 so your video can be stretched out into a normal shape.