A trailer for my first short film!

https://youtu.be/FaKttsWOBaI

So far I have learnt so much from this project. Such as: Directing actors, Choreographing fight scenes, Camera movement, How to make trailers and selecting takes.

What do you think?

By the way, LOLOTRONS co. is a brand name I made up a long time ago, if I ever found a company, that will be it's name.

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Pretty good. Most of the action cuts nicely and that explosion we glimpse is nicely comped into a moving shot. 

My biggest note is your font. You've used Arial, which is the default font. Try to avoid Arial. As the default font it always looks cheap and lazy. You're already better than that. 

If that's the big complaint  you've done well. 

LOLOTRONS is a great name! 

• I agree... pretty good! I also agree that the font needs to go. The good news is, there are a ton of fonts to choose from, so it won't be hard. Two other minor things I noticed:

1. I think your light saber extension is leaning slightly to the left. Nothing takes a person out of a light saber moment faster than a misaligned light saber. I will literally take a ruler or even a piece of paper and hold it up to the screen to make sure it's straight. You can use a thin, partially opaque, straight line plane that you rotate and place over the shot to line up the blade to the hilt also. You can delete it when you are done.
    2. The other thing I noticed is (at 17 seconds) that you didn't track and lay the smoke from the gunshot to the track. The camera is barely moving, so it's not a big deal. If you did, however, it would really cement in the effect.

Overall, I think this is really good. I especially like the explosion at the end... very nicely done! The cutting is quick and with purpose. The action moves along nicely. The color is vibrant. Great job!

• In addition to what's been said, when working with text, learn how to use the Layout tab to align everything. (you can add the Layout panel from the menu). It's literally one of the best things ever when working with text and graphics.