Enabling Fusion Support

edited April 11 in Ignite Support

I currently am able to use Ignite Pro in Resolve's Fusion tab, but when I need anything more and drop out to Fusion, I can't use Ignite Pro as it refuses to load since it's not a supported host.

Now that Fusion and Resolve are getting more common code in them (more so with v16 - currently in beta), would you consider enabling Fusion as one of the hosts in Ignite's whitelist?

Or if the burden of supporting it officially is too much you could:-

1) Have the ability for the plugin bundle to read a file containing host whitelist and we could whitelist it at our own risk.

2) Do a test build with fusion enabled and let the community test it / validate it works.

3) Whitelist Fusion and populate a line in ~/Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/Fusion/Profiles/Default/FusionOFX.blacklist (and the equivalent for windows) as part of the install process then enabling it is down to the user.

Aaaand, I saw some things on the changelogs around allowing OFX to access any frame of the clip on V16 (resolve / fusion), does that mean temporal plugins might work?

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Mods aren't FXHOME staff, so this is just another user commenting and speculating. 

Will Ignite ever be fully Fusion compatible? Beats me, that's between the code and programmers. 

"Aaaand, I saw some things on the changelogs around allowing OFX to access any frame of the clip on V16 (resolve / fusion), does that mean temporal plugins might work?" 

The devs have always said Ignite is limited by abilities of the host. Based on that changlog info, it sure sounds like a future Ignite update should be able to get the Temporal effects working, doesn't it? That's great for Resolve users. Not just for Ignite, but for other third-party plug-ins!