Crash while Copying multiple Composits between projects

Hi there,

I had my Program crash while copying Composits between projects. I selected 5 Composit Shots from the media panel in one Project and pressed Ctrl+C. Then I switched to another Project. Imediatly after pressing Ctrl+V Hitfilm Express 12 Crashed.

Version: 12.1.8620.42247

I hope you can fix this.
wuerfelfreak

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

That is not the proper way to copy Composite Shots in Hitfilm  

https://youtu.be/pMGpxHBKq9E

Check the description of the video for the time codes of the Composite Shot sections. 

Text version:

• save the project with the Composites you want to move. 
    • Open the project you want the copies. 
    • Select Import Composite Shot from the Import menu. 
    • Select the project with the Composites you want. 
    • A menu will open letting you check the Composites you wish to import. Required embedded comps are automatically imported  

• @wuerfelfreak

Copying assets between projects, either within the same instance of HitFilm or between different instances, is not supported. As Triem noted, you can export and import Composite Shots to work around this.

The software should not crash though. This has been logged internally and we will look into it.

Thanks for the report.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@DannyDev while I don't know exactly how you've coded, I'm not that surprised. Perhaps Comp shots were selected that had embedded comps that weren't also directly selected and/or media clips. 

Then a new project was loaded meaning the clipboard then held references to media that no longer existed in the bin and embedded comps that no longer existed at all! 

I'm actually not surprised of a crash when pasting in a lot of data that doesn't actually exist anymore. 

But, hey  if you find and fix something that improves stability, that's awesome! 

• @Triem23

Exactly.

We encode the unique project ID in the clipboard to prevent pasting assets between different projects. It sound's like we missed something.