Two short animations - Moonfield & Halfmarathon Crown

Hello my companions :)

Here you can see my latest two short animations:
https://youtu.be/sKunzU2A7-8

https://youtu.be/Zk6sz-ABCFs

One of the main goals was smooth and soft animation. Moonfield ended with overall 200 + moving layers and objects. Second one is about halfmarathon crown (run 5 of 7 runs to get the Crown medal) - also got few interesting aspects like one logo changing into another with particles or at the end writing inscription (it means "teaste life!").

In both working on manual bezier keyframes was essential.

Have a nice watch :)

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Those are both excellent! Very elaborate animations, and some great designs in your graphics. Amazing work. :) 

@GavinBarker just pointing these gorgeous commercial motion graphics vids out. Wow. 

• What software was used, because nothing in there looks like it was done in Hitfilm? That's fine if you're just spamming nice looking work - which it is - but isn't this a Hitfilm Gallery?

• Thats  quality work , well done Gelqone

@Palacono nothing in there looks like it couldn't have been done in Hitfilm either. 

• @Triem23 might be possible, but would take a lot longer in Hitfilm. it looks very AE-like, with the biggest hint being the text. Nothing there you would want to spend ages on in Hitfilm when AE does that in a few clicks. Also the bezier motion. Lots of easy ease, which looks very different when attempted in Hitfilm, as Value Graph just can't make the same shapes.

• edited March 16

Thank you guys for nice words :)

@Palacono, i will surprise you - except text animation (which i made in NewBlueFX Titler Pro), EVERYTHING i made in HitFilm Pro :) So it includes manual bezier motion with use of Value Graph :) Whole project is made in HFP, at the end only audio was added in Vegas, because it is easier to do it there.

Only for text animation i use TitlerPro (in Moonfield animation + 5 animated icons at 1:10 - eps import in TitlerPro, in Running Crown only text shown on the map, as HFP v12 at last gives fine text creating tool), EVERYTHING ELSE i have done in HitFilm. I wouldn't make this topic if it hasn't been done in my lovely HitFilm :)

I don't know AE but i don't think that making it in AE would take much faster - a looooot of custom, unique movement, where you just can't make it by automatic button.

Thank you once more, it is very nice to "hear" that work is good, especially when i am at the beginning of creating something new in my life :)

@Gelqone for future reference:

You can save and load Composite Shots to and from Projects. Same with "Published" comps in Hitfilm 12+. However saved Comps don't save nested/embedded comps. 

You can use the Import Composite Shot function to load a Project file. This will load any/all Comps you want. If you choose a Comp with embedded comps this method will automatically pull all needed nested/embedded comps. 

So, this should let you easily repurpose your own animations in future projects. If you start a project and kind of plan on saving pieces as "Templates" then import those for assembly, you can save your "custom presets."

Hope that's helpful. Again, great work. 

• edited March 16

Thank you @Triem23 :)

I use Comps importing very often :) But haven't tried working with Templates - must check it!

Also i don't know where i can find "published" variables - i find them nowhere :/ neither in Editor, nor on used comp

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator

@Gelgone Wow!  Excellent MoGraph.

I first watched the videos thinking the same as the others - that it was done in AE.   Totally pumped that this was HFPro.   Great work.  Look forward to more!

• I'm glad to hear, thank you Stargazer54 

•  Looks really really great!

• Hello again :) I would like to show you my next sport animation:

https://youtu.be/bGH_j7PVYyA

Again, fully made in HFP + few text lines in TitlerPro.

There is not much text, but you can turn on english subtitles.

Have a nice watch :)

Really amazing stuff. This is truly among the best Hitfilm mograph work I've ever seen. I can only think of another two or three Hitfilm artists consistently doing mograph at your level.

Hey, you know it's incredible work when half the audience thinks you just HAD to have used Ae! :D

• edited April 4

Gelqone  Very nice and super slick.  I would happily watch a tutorial video of how you put your works together... hint, hint :)

• @Gelcone

So very nice and professionally done!

+1 for @tddavis hint on a tutorial (not a hint) :-)

• Thank you guys Very nice to hear :D

Smooth mograph is one of my main aspects in every animation as default artificial movement doesn't satisfy me at all.

In this animation main aspect was camera movement - on the map i made 2 points - first to set the camera movement and second one as camera alignment layer. Essential was manual bezier keyframing to get rid of default artificial movement.

The same made with comp "i run - i help - i win" and when going from one take to another.

Crumbling people are made with 4 layers - hard to say with no pictures, but in general there is a person with back cut like by scissors, this cut piece is shattered with Shatter effect, two particles simulators generates triangles going out of a body - one faster with more particles per second and shorter live, second with less particles per second, different speed, longer lifetime and additional turbulence force. And at the end Energy distortion set at the small surface of the shuttered back to get more organic feel of this whole crumbling. 5 layers with 2 comps and it's done.

I will think about a tutorial when i'm done with other stuff.

Thank you once again :)

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator

@Gelgone Excellent work!   Thanks for posting the details.

• Gelqone  Yes, thank you for the write up.  It'll give me a least a starting point to play around with.  I've copied them to a text document for my "archive." :) Really it's just 3 external hard drives full of assorted info that catches my interest and models and such that really needs to organized now that I think on it.