"Space" mashup on piano - Space Oddity / Spaceman / Rocket Man

Used Hitfilm Pro 12 to jazz up my very plain video footage of myself playing piano.  The music is my own arrangement of Space Oddity, Spaceman and Rocket Man - they work together surprisingly well!  The video was a single take, but edited in various ways to give more interest.  The effects I used were: Duo Tone, Find Edges, Auto Volumetrics and Star Travel.

https://youtu.be/aNDJlMQlCcY

Comments

• @Capnstoobie ; Ah, my introduction to Bowie was Space Oddity.  Always will have a soft spot for that song and God, if I could play a small fraction as well!  I've taken hunt and peck typing to a new level with my piano clunking. :)

Loved the kaleidoscopic effect and the dutone effect I've never played with, I assume that gave it the slight Take on Me animation look if you reverse the colors?

Overall, I am most impressed.

• edited February 18

tddavis thanks, I have to hand it to Hitfilm though.  I only use it sporadically but I was able to quickly choose a handful of effects without too much effort on my part, and was happy with the result in the end :)  The original footage was very boring, just my iphone on a fixed tripod, so this was much better.

• I like it!  Good job all the way around.  Transitions were well timed.  Great solo effort!

• Very Nicely Done!

• That was awesome! Wonderful mashup of the music, and even though the overall visual effect didn't change much, you introduced just enough variation with your other editing choices and supplemental effects that it didn't get boring (at least not for me). I'm definitely going to add this to my music collection playlist. Bravo!

• Very nice playing and good composition.  I would say you've (probably) made it more visually appealing presenting it in  a different way. It works well.
    TBH : I stopped noticing the effects  listened to the music instead and worked on identifying each part. Maybe some very small visual clue when that happens would make me feel clever when I spotted the transition?
    It might have added just a little more variation.

• Thanks for everyone's encouraging comments!

• Sorry it's taken  a while to get to, but my goodness this gave me goosebumps :)

Space Oddity & Rocket Man were played frequently and at high volumes around the house as a child, and Spaceman was 'that song from the 90's everyone loved the beginning of'...so this was a collection of memory-packed music!

Thank you for taking the time to put this together, I've shared it with the rest of the team! 

• Well done was nice to listen to and a neat effect  , maybe try putting up a green screen behind you  and add some extra affects  , can pick them up cheap these days :)

• Wow, love it. Awesome stuff. Super cool. :)