Silly Export Bug?

Loved Imerge. Purchased it 5 minutes ago, but oy!

Once you export one image from a project, say a PNG, the second you'd like to pick a different format, the software doesn't give me that option.

At a hunch, I opened up a new project and surely enough when I clicked export, the options came up the first time - but not the second time.

So it looks like Imerge Pro projects commit only to the format of the first export you make.

I don't think this was done on purpose.

Comments

• rikkiloadesrikkiloades Staff
    edited February 15

Hey @Hictor.

Firstly, thanks for the feedback - its great to hear you are getting on well with it! It's also invluable to get feedback like this.

So this is actually by design (not a bug) to allow you to as quickly as possible export a bunch of image combinations from your project by not repeatedly asking you for settings where you typically will want things in the same format.

If you do need different settings you can go to Project > Export settings and change to the desired format.

That said, if there was enough interest perhaps we could split this and have two behaviours. A "Quick export" which didn't re-ask, and a "Export as" which asked you every time.

Let us know if you have any other thoughts, and I welcome others to join the discussion.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@rikkiloades I think you may have answered your own question with "Export" and "Quick Export." :D

• @rikkiloades ;

One COULD include a "Keep settings for future exports" 

OR

The classic "Don't Ask Again"

But if you're feeling dramatic:

"Say EXPORT SETTINGS AGAIN! SAY IT AGAIN! I DARE YOU, I DOUBLE DARE YOU- - (insert PG13 friendly phrases)"

• @Triem23 has a point!

• I agree, Quick Export or Export As... would be best.

• Ok thank you all, we will see what we can do in a upcoming release.

• If I want to export a video the video is somehow speed up in the end results can someone please help me?

•  @PUBGDE I'm guessing you're in the wrong place. Imerge doesn't support video. You may have more luck creating a post on the HitFilm Forum.