PC Freezing during Export!

I have a GTX1060 6gb and a AMD FX-8350 Black edition, with 16gb of HyperX ddr3 ram.

When I try to export my gaming video (recorded using OBS in 1080p 60fps) it gets to a different % each time, but the freeze never fails. My ENTIRE computer freezes when attempting to export using HitFilm Express. It is super frustrating considering the already long time it takes to export. I just want the video exported and I do not know what to do. I do not believe it was an overheating problem because after the first time it happened I took my PC sidepanel off and put a fan directly on it. Also the house are super cool. PLEASE I need help! Thanks for your time!

The whole video is probably around 35 minutes long.

Just recently downloaded HitFilm, today actually when premiere would import my videos at 60fps.

Comments

• @InTh3Ruff Chances are your OBS video was encoded with a variable frame rate (VFR). If you want to verify this, install MediaInfo if you don't already have it. Drop one of your files into it, then switch to the Text report option. Scroll to the Video section and it should say somewhere that the video frame rate is either constant or variable, and my money is on variable.

This isn't an issue when simply playing a video, but it's a pain for editing software to deal with. The way to fix it is to transcode your captured footage into a format that's editing-friendly. That will not only make HitFilm more responsive while editing, but also (more likely than not) get rid of the crash while exporting. I used to have crashes all the time when just tossing any old footage into HitFilm. After I began transcoding, editing is much smoother, and crashes are almost nonexistent.

If you’re not familiar with transcoding, I strongly suggest watching this video by @Triem23 . It talks about why transcoding is important, and shows several ways to do it using various tools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqhl0mRuTng

• OBS typically encodes to a constant frame rate (CFR). In much older versions you have to enable CFR.

Variable frame rate (VFR) issues are audio sync or video jumpiness. Not typically an application lockup/freeze.

Beyond that the original poster has not provided much info to comment on.