When Darkness Falls : Tales from Gotham.... voice casting.

edited January 10 in Filmmaking

Hi All,

You might have seen the discussion around voice acting for my next video which is called 
When Darkness Falls : Tales from Gotham. (working title). A number of people offered their talent.

@CleverTagline has shared his experience by putting together the following for the voice casting...
http://justinsbarrett.com/dafter-things-casting/

It is password protected so you'll need to contact Justin to request access...
http://justinsbarrett.com/dafterthings-contact/

This is a very unique opportunity for me but I do need to start production in around 10 days so  would need submissions over the next 7 days. 

Once production is finished I'm open to offers if anybody is interested in post production (sound , music, colouring etc). If it becomes a community project or not is all fine by me.

Regardless what happens you all have my HUGEST gratitude.

Comments

• Apologies. I have edited the original as Justin has created a specific contact page.

• edited January 10

and... @Kiplake , @Triem23@DataDesign ; and @FilmSensei in case you miss it.  

• edited January 11

@CleverTagline

Tried contact page, but only get "Validation errors occurred. Please confirm the fields and submit it again." Can't figure out what I am doing wrong as it does not show which field(s) are the problem.

•  I would absolutely love to participate in this, but unfortunately I am out of my home state and I did not bring any of my recording equipment with me. Sorry, I really would like to be involved! Maybe the next project?

• @FilmSensei , not a problem and thanks for letting me know.

•  Thank you sir. I contacted Justin to get the password.

• @Kiplake ; Great stuff.  Many thanks

• @DataDesign Sorry to hear that. Not sure what the problem might be. I had a hunch about something, but just tested it and didn't have any issues. Maybe try on a different system? 

• @FilmSensei You've got the better part of a week to submit an audition. Will you not be home in time? What about the final deadline? Will you be home in time for that? I know you've got solid recording equipment, so maybe record an audition from your phone, then record the final lines once you're at home with your good gear.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Just noting I'm getting over a cold. Taking a couple of days so I don't sound like a frog .

• @CleverTagline I am currently in Colorado preparing a commercial property for sale. The closing date is January 24, so I most likely won't get back home to Virginia for at least another two weeks. Sorry about that! I will ask around to see if anyone I know has some good recording equipment, but I won't hold my breath.

@DafterThings I don't know what your time frame for post production is, but I might be able to get involved there!

•  Score! I have a friend with a Zoom 1. Maybe I can make it happen after all. I will go ahead and register myself on the casting page and see if I can be of help. I am not the best choice, of course, with all of the great talent here on the forums. But if I can be of even a small help. I will do my best!

• Thanks everybody.
    The time-frames are driven by my need to post regularly and, of course, to move things along.

However, I realise this is a 'special' situation so I'm comfortable with this project being outside my normal scheduling . I believe there still need to be deadlines just more relaxed ones especially as I can be doing another video in parallel. 
    The script and lines per voice are pretty short so shouldn't (  ) take long once decided.
    The the onus is on me for production and then I can comeback for anybody who wants to help with post.

In short, let's extend the submissions until Jan 24th. 

•  @CleverTagline

I tried it on another system as you suggested and it worked. ? Assuming some sort of problem with Win 8 system.

It worked with Win 10 system.

• @DataDesign Saw your request come through. Glad you got it working! I can't imagine it would be a difference in Windows versions. Maybe something else on your system? Anyway, you should have the password now.

@FilmSensei Glad you're able to participate!

• edited January 11

Welcome to Colorado @FilmSensei

DafterThings - Not sure if the request went through Justin's form but if you need a deeper voice I'll throw my in...

• @GrayMotion It went through. I've had a busy day away from home, but by now you should've seen my reply.