Stutter/glitching before and after exporting

OK I'm getting really frustrated I've been trying to resolve this for 2 days. I've downloaded so many "solutions" and every time I get the same result.

Example here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BEPPWTs_fM as evidence in slow mo at 1:38 and 7:00

Issues seem to be with 59.94 frames a sec slowed to 40% (23.98). Mostly it's obvious with handheld camera footage and less obvious on tripod but still there.

Yes I've tried the below transcoding:

So I've tried downloading MPEGstreamclip, there is no option to export at 1080p 59.94fps or 60fps only options are for 1080i.

Then I paid for and downloaded Convert v4 (now convert v6) as recommended by other threads here. But I can only export DNxVD 1080p 59.94 in .MOV.

There is no difference if I pre-render the videos in Hitfilm or not (I cannot find the so called "proxy setting").

All of this and other conversions not mentioned and I cannot shake the stuttering unless I play the footage at full speed.

I'm getting in a panic now because I needed to release 4 videos by Sunday night and I haven't produced squat because the edited footage sucks.

Acer Aspire 5750G
8 gig RAM
Intel core i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GeForce GT540M (2 gig RAM)
Windows 10 64bit

Same issues with footage from Canon 650D and Canon 80D.

Comments

• "So I've tried downloading MPEGstreamclip, there is no option to export at 1080p 59.94fps or 60fps only options are for 1080i."

Ignore the "i".  I've used MPEG Streamclip regularly, and it will output progressive despite the "i" in that option label. For the frame rate, you just put whatever rate you want into the Frame Rate field.

Once you've got the footage transcoded, you then need to tweak the settings for each item in HitFilm. Click the gear next to the item in the Media tab, and set the frame rate to match your project frame rate.  If you're editing at 23.98, then force each high-frame-rate clip to 23.98 in its properties. That way when you drag the clip to the timeline, it will play naturally in slow motion, without touching the Speed/Duration setting. Using Speed/Duration in HitFilm to slow something down just holds frames, as you see.