Comments

• Not sure if this is something FXHome want here - if not they can delete it - but if you want something that handles the Editing side of things a little more smoothly than Hitfilm, works with Ignite Express and Ignite Pro - so you get access to Hitfilm Effects - and also has integration with Hitfilm, so you can 'round-trip' clips to Hitfilm, add effects, send them back and carry on editing: Vegas Movie Studio and Vegas Pro do all this. 'Pro might be outside some people's price range, but 'Movie Studio certainly isn't until 4th Jan.

Currently there is a 50% sale on all Vegas Movie Studio versions, so the Platinum version  is £29.99 link here, or $39.99  link here or €34.99 link here. The Basic version has fewer features that are not worth the small saving IMO, and the Suite comes with some extras you may or may not want, but which are pretty good value for an extra ~£/$/€20, such as: iZotope RX Elements, Boris Continuum Film Style Unit, HitFilm Boost Pack, Jumpstart Templates, Vol. 1: Project Templates, Lower Thirds, Titles, and YouTuber Pack

•  Edit: Actually, forget that, get the Vegas Pro 15 Humble Bundle instead. See here: https://fxhome.com/forum/discussion/48597/vegas-is-back-at-humble-bundle

• edited December 2018

Yay! Also... Eh?  You get Movie Studio (Basic) 15 if you pay an average of $21.86 and for only $4.16 more you get the Pro version and never use Movie Studio again...or I guess: pass it on to someone else?  Buy one, get (a smaller) one free? ;)

Spread the happiness and everyone wins (Just FYI, Movie Studio 'Basic' has a few less features than 'Platinum' and a lot less than Pro. check on the Magix site.)

Worth it either way though. :)

• @Palacono since you figure the Humble Bundle deal is better (it is), I went ahead and merged your thread into this one  Cool? If not I can split things back out. 

• @Triem23 it's cool if @Davlon is fine with it. The more people jump on either deal, the happier they'll be. :)

• Is that a one time $25 or a monthly thing?  Hard to tell. Also, is the license permanent or a subscription?

• @Jlane0710 one time payment and permanent. Current version is 16, so you're buying last year's version, but TBH, not much has been added and next year you could upgrade to that in another bundle if you wanted. They also did this last year with version 14, when 15 was current. Bargain!

• I may jump on this deal.  I have been using Magix Movie Edit Pro for a couple of years which is decent as a basic editor but has some issues, especially with effects and animation of effects.  It often get confused with two or more effects applied and is difficult to work with for anything above basic timeline arrangement.  Then I bought HitFilm, which is GREAT in the effects area but is lacking in the basic timeline editing area.  I was hoping to ditch the MEP altogether but I don't think I can yet.  But, for $25, the move up to Vegas (even the "edit 15" version) seems like a good move in the right direction.   The Movie Essentials pack is nice for the ability to have those effects in other editors also...

• @Jlane0710 The 'Pro Edit' version is the full version of the 'Pro' range; the only other differences are: the 'Pro' adds some 3rd party extras - but the program itself is identical-  the 'Pro Suite' adds some more/different 3rd party extras and the 'Pro 365' is an Adobe-like subscription service. 

The naming is a bit confusing, but the alternatives would be calling 'Pro Edit' something like 'Pro Basic', which may put people off, or Pro becoming 'Pro Pro', which is just silly. ;)

You can add Hitfilm's Ignite Express (Free) for more effects that you're used to, and you've also got Hitfilm itself  (Express or Pro) to do the heavy VFX lifting.

Think of the Vegas / Hitfilm Combo as similar to a Premiere/ After Effects setup.

• I'm surprised this was not blocked. This whole thread seems patently spammy and disrespectful to the Hitfilm people. The Hitfilm folks are obviously more forgiving than I would be.

• @HealthWyze ; FXHome specifically took the trouble to add Hitfilm Integration  to Vegas to 'round trip' clips between the two programs, because they realise the weakest part of Hitfilm is the Editor, but Hitfilm beats Vegas for VFX creation; so they're probably fine about people using both together.

• @HealthWyze first let me note Mods don't work for FXHOME .We're user volunteers. STAFF badges are FXHOME staff. 

That said  the team is pretty open to discussing all things VFX/Filmmaking here. Trust me, we DO kill spam here, and I've banned my share of bots. The FXHOME team is aware that there are better/alternate tools available (Note this is task dependent  but, obviously a DAW has better audio features, Blender is better for 3D animation), but they aren't "in competition," with anyone.

As @Palacono notes, Vegas and Hitfilm have coded integration. Vegas reads the Editor Timeline of a Hitfilm project as a media file. Vegas has a right-click macro that sends the clip to Hitfilm and swaps the video clip for the Hitfilm project. It's pretty convenient. FWIW, Vegas is my editor of choice with Hitfilm as my animation/VFX/Composting weapon. @JoshDaviesCEO I only upgraded to Vegas 16 because of the new motion stabilizer, allowing me to uninstall 14, which was required for Mercalli - so if Hitfilm had a Warp Stabilizer type feature, I'd have skipped the version. You know you have a kickass product and exceptional team, so take this as a good-natured shoulder slap over a beer  :).

Finally, FXHOME is smart. They make Ignite Express and Pro - (most of) Hitfilm's effects filters for Ae, Vegas, Avid, Resolve, FCPX and another five NLEs. Ignite users share tips here as well.

I do appreciate the "lookin' out." :) one reason the forum is pretty chill is users help us catch the real problems. There aren't many. Have fun! Great folks on this board! :D

• And I would also like to say, that this thread actually made me like HitFilm Pro more!  How is that possible?  I was a little disappointed with the basic editing capabilities of HitFilm Pro but after seeing this and trying out the Vegas Pro Trial, I bought it and now, since it works in conjunction with HitFilm Pro (i.e. Vegas as the base editor and HFP as the effects and compositor) I couldn't be more pleased.

• This bundle includes "Hitfilm Movie Essentials" along with 5 other software including Vegas Pro Edit.

What is "Hitfilm Movie Essentials"? Is it Ignite?

• @DataDesign it's a subset of Ignite specifically bundled with Vegas. It predates Ignite Express as a "sample pack" to drive sales of Ignite Pro. It probably hangs on as part of an OEM detail 

• @Trien23 Ok, Thanks. I also saw the thread above this one. Works for me.

• To clarify what @Farscape just posted, Imerge Pro is currently available (for the next 12-ish days) as part of the photography software bundle if you pay $25 or more.

• edited December 2018

I was trying to let you good folks know without getting banned for cutting into retail sales. A fine line that you crossed for me, so thanks @CleverTagline

Even without Imerge, I couldn't resist the deal.

•  As well as the latest Humble bundle including Imerge Pro - also Paint Shop Pro 2019 and Aurora HDR 2018 - for a few more days; if you missed the Vegas Pro 15 bundle, then the Vegas Movie Studio 50% off sales are still on directly from Magix, as I posted  at the top of this thread.

Here's the info again if you want something to Edit your VFX masterpieces with. It also integrates with Hitfilm for 'round trip' sending of clips from Vegas to Hitfilm, manipulating them there, and sending them back to Vegas for final export.

"Currently there is a 50% sale on all Vegas Movie Studio versions, so the Platinum version  is £29.99 link here, or $39.99  link here or €34.99 link here. The Basic version has fewer features that are not worth the small saving IMO, and the Suite comes with some extras you may or may not want, but which are pretty good value for an extra ~£/$/€20, such as: iZotope RX Elements, Boris Continuum Film Style Unit, HitFilm Boost Pack, Jumpstart Templates, Vol. 1: Project Templates, Lower Thirds, Titles, and YouTuber Pack"